Feed delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxiso

I just started providing a feed here and I have noticed there is a huge delay to what is sent out over the feed sometimes up to 12 minutes... Connected to my feed via the web site and listening to my other scanner there is anywhere from 2-12 minute delay.. Is this normal?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Are you listening to it via the webplayer? If so, move the little circle slider on the webplayer all the way to the end and see how it does.

voxiso

Did not really have a effect but over the last hr or so the delay is not as bad... external players like winamp or real player seems to have the most delay

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hmmm.... ok, im going to switch your server over to a different one to see how that works. You will need to restart scannercast.

Let me know if it gets better, worse.

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I once had about a 2 second delay. Now, it's anywhere from 15-30 seconds but sometimes longer.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I would like a lower delay time too. Mine used to be about 5 seconds but has ben 20-30 seconds for a while. Thanks

Yall are killing me :) I have switched it.

Lets hold off on switching anymore servers until we can look into it further.

Thanks

K

kb0nly

I have been seeing about 10-15 secs, which isn't that horrible really, figuring the time it takes to get from me to the listener on the other end. As long as its under 15 secs im ok with it, anymore than that seems excessive to me, but then im only a few blocks from the fire station. So when i hear the sirens then a pageout on the Squeezebox i keep in the living room on my feed then it gets annoying, but its still manageable overall.

One server loaded too heavy perhaps? Seems like now that you moved a bunch of people around my feed has about a 5 sec delay tonight, was longer for the last week or so.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
One server loaded too heavy perhaps? Seems like now that you moved a bunch of people around my feed has about a 5 sec delay tonight, was longer for the last week or so.

Possibly, I believe Lindsay is checking into it. I have been seeing the problems on 2 servers (the 2 that has the most feeds).

lfd8e4

I just started providing a feed here and I have noticed there is a huge delay to what is sent out over the feed sometimes up to 12 minutes... Connected to my feed via the web site and listening to my other scanner there is anywhere from 2-12 minute delay.. Is this normal?
What is the normal delay time for a feed? Mine has been all over the place lately.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
What is the normal delay time for a feed? Mine has been all over the place lately.

Well, it depends. There is some delay as thats the time it takes to get from you to the listeners, but i would think more than 30 seconds is a little to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.