WinXP setting line in as default on recording options

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Hi All. I've been messing around with this issue for some time and in all of my searches on the tubes I just can't seem to find an answer.

I have my scanner audio plugged into the line in on my sound card. So in order for the sound to reach the computer I have to have the line in selected in my recording device. Easy so far, right?

My trouble is that after a reboot or sometimes even after restarting Scannercast the recording input device changes by itself to the microphone input. I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the recording input to line in and make it stay there.

So the $64 000 dollar question is this. Do I have to use the microphone in for my scanner and leave it there, or is there a way to default the line in to be the first one selected?

FYI, as mentioned in the title, I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks any and all for your input!

Cheers!
Len.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Do you happen to have Skype installed? Skype has a nasty habit of changing the default audio settings all by itself. I've never had an issue with XP itself changing the default audio settings, it was always another program messing with them.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
Nope. I've got a fresh copy of XP installed just yesterday.

The only other thing I have installed is Abyssmedia MCRS that is a VOX recorder.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into that one further.

L.

Do you happen to have Skype installed? Skype has a nasty habit of changing the default audio settings all by itself. I've never had an issue with XP itself changing the default audio settings, it was always another program messing with them.

lwiltenb

Feed Provider
For anybody that is interested I have now determined that MCRS resets the recording control to the default setting for other audio cards that you haven't selected to be used by MCRS. Don't know why but when eliminating that software from running there are no issues with the input source changing. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.