Scancast Scanner Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuru307

Feed Provider
Are the only two scanner choices available for the scancast program the bcd396/996 or the gre psr500/600? Is there an update or anything where I can choose say My bc780xlt? Any help is much appreciated

SCPD

QRT
I'm guessing not at the moment. Hopefully there will also be support for PSR-800 in the future too.

NYRHKY94

I'm assuming you meant PeterGV's ScannerCast program. "Scan Cast" is the name of the streaming program contained within the Proscan software by Bob Aune. According to the to do list on PeterGV's web site, he does not indicate alpha tag support for older Uniden models like the BC780XLT. He does list the Home Patrol as the next model planned for support. See his lengthy to do list here:

K1PGV's ScannerCast To Do List

Proscan however does support alpha tags for your BC780XLT and you can stream the tags with either the full licensed product or separately with the free Radio Feed software that Bob recently put out. Go here for the details on both:

ProScan

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Are the only two scanner choices available for the scancast program the bcd396/996 or the gre psr500/600? Is there an update or anything where I can choose say My bc780xlt? Any help is much appreciated

Just to clarify, ScannerCast will work with any scanner to stream audio but will only send alpha tags for the listed scanners.

Mike

richtidd

Database Admin

Supported Scanner Models for ScannerCast:

Scanners that are supported for retrieving and sending tags:

• GRE PSR-500, PSR-600
  • Uniden BCD396t, BCD396xt, BCD996t, BCD996xt, BCT-15, BCT-15x
  • Radio Shack PRO-197, PRO-106
Scanners that are supported for "Audio Only" (no tags):

• Any scanner with audio out (earphone or recording) capability

RadioGuru307

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. I appreciate the feedback. I LOVE Bobs Proscan software!!!!! Its fantastic! I actually wound up buying a second license so I have the full version on a couple computers. The ScannerCast program was nice because it is faily self explanatory, but Proscan is perfect because I can stream on here and also have my Scanner over IP. Again thanks so much for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.