All RR Feeds Dropped Offline And Not Broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

It's Our Audio Broadcasting Servers That's Down, That's Why Most or All The Feed's Are Offline.

My Scannercast Software is Still Broadcasting My Scanner Audio But if There's An Audio Server Down it Will Say It's Offline and Won't Respond.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I had two drop offs in 12 hours. Not sure if the first one was mine or RR's but everyone but about 9 people dropped out.

Astrak

Definitely still happening, still getting feed down reports when the computer is sending the audio.

richtidd

Database Admin
Audio6 server is down.

We hope to have fixed later today.

We plan to change audio6 feeds to different servers soon.

Since we will be changing the receiver assignment, you will need to stop broadcasting with ScannerCast or RadioFeed, and log into your RR account to reacquire your feed in ScannerCast or RadioFeed, then restart the broadcast.

If you are using a different program, you will bee to check your feed page technicals tab for the server info & change the server in your software manually.

Please wait at least 5 min from the time I made the change for you to be able to use the new receiver. If you are using different streaming software, you will need to change the setting manually and then restart the broadcast.

Thanks for your support and providing your feed on RadioReference.com.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
As of now, all feeds that were hosted by audio6 have been moved to audio1. If your feed is still offline try restarting the program you're using to provide your audio.

-- Gordon

jaded

Feed Provider
I just received an email from the server telling me my feed is back up. Looks like they pointed the dns entry for audio6 to audio1, so I don't need to make any changes to my config.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I just received an email from the server telling me my feed is back up. Looks like they pointed the dns entry for audio6 to audio1, so I don't need to make any changes to my config.
Correct, that eliminates the need for everyone to have to restart their encoding software. This change may not be seen by everyone yet due to timing in the way the DNS change is propagated across the net.

-- Gordon

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Gordon,

I use the Barix instreamer for my Philadelphia Police Citywide feed. Do I need to change the Icecast server IP? If so can you please send that to me. thanks,

Joe Cardani

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I use the Barix instreamer for my Philadelphia Police Citywide feed. Do I need to change the Icecast server IP? If so can you please send that to me. thanks,
Yes, you'll need to have it send your audio to 67.228.177.149, that's the only setting you'll need to change.

-- Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.