Feed Dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9AJM

Feed Provider
I monitor me feed using both Web Player or WMP. It seems that after a period of computer inactivity, the received feed drops without any warning and you have to reconnect. This doesn't happen all the time. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Everything else seems normal.

rweinkauf

I'm experiencing something similar with the feed I provide, if I understand your issue. I've been using ScannerCast and ever since the servers being down a few days ago my feed is really choppy, hangs, and cuts out when I monitor it at my workplace.

Tonight I connected up to a more powerful PC and supplied the feed from a machine with more horsepower- same thing.

I also just downloaded and installed RadioFeed as my broadcast software, and the feed is still choppy and hanging. I get better information from RadioFeed, and this is what the status window is showing me:

Source Client Log

07/11/11 20:58:10 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:58:40 - Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
07/11/11 20:58:40 - Source Client Disconnected
07/11/11 20:58:51 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:59:27 - Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
07/11/11 20:59:27 - Source Client Disconnected
07/11/11 20:59:38 - Source Client Started To Connect To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:59:38 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server

This kind of thing is making my feed totally unusable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Feed behavior hasn't been effected by swapping out a PC or installing alternative broadcast software. The PC has no other apps running, no background streaming or other traffic other than the RadioFeed/ScannerCast function. My network speed is 19.30Mbps download and 2.09Mbps upload running on an N wireless network. That should be enough.

I think I'm up against the wall here and I'm out of ideas.

Rich, N8QLT

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I've been getting exactly the same thing with the same kind of messages; I run my feeds from a Windows virtual machine on a Mac Mini, but it doesn't make any difference whether I boot to Windows or run it as a virtual machine. It will run fine for a few days, then start throwing errors like you note below.

I've also tried a straight Windows box (yes, I still have one.... which normally sits in the closet and does nothing) with no success.

I'm experiencing something similar with the feed I provide, if I understand your issue. I've been using ScannerCast and ever since the servers being down a few days ago my feed is really choppy, hangs, and cuts out when I monitor it at my workplace.

Tonight I connected up to a more powerful PC and supplied the feed from a machine with more horsepower- same thing.

I also just downloaded and installed RadioFeed as my broadcast software, and the feed is still choppy and hanging. I get better information from RadioFeed, and this is what the status window is showing me:

Source Client Log

07/11/11 20:58:10 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:58:40 - Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
07/11/11 20:58:40 - Source Client Disconnected
07/11/11 20:58:51 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:59:27 - Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
07/11/11 20:59:27 - Source Client Disconnected
07/11/11 20:59:38 - Source Client Started To Connect To A RadioReference Server
07/11/11 20:59:38 - Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server

This kind of thing is making my feed totally unusable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Feed behavior hasn't been effected by swapping out a PC or installing alternative broadcast software. The PC has no other apps running, no background streaming or other traffic other than the RadioFeed/ScannerCast function. My network speed is 19.30Mbps download and 2.09Mbps upload running on an N wireless network. That should be enough.

I think I'm up against the wall here and I'm out of ideas.

Rich, N8QLT

hatzolahCW

Premium Subscriber
yes i have now the same problem!! i just got approved for a feed and cant bring it up!! any suggestions????

hatzolahCW

Premium Subscriber
i just changed the port from 80 to 8080 working like a charm thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.