Feeds went down, no notifications for 6 hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Not so much a complaint (it's all fixed now), but a heads up to the powers to be. For whatever reason, the internet connection for the PC that hosts all of my feeds was lost. All the other devices in my house had internet connections, and when I looked at the PC in question, everything appeared to be just fine. I just got text messages and e-mails that my feeds had been down for 6 hours. I had no idea. I've been receiving text messages all day, and got plenty of incoming e-mail on the account that feed notifications are sent to, so the problem appears to have been at the RR side. As a provider who prides himself in a very high percentage of on-line time, I was a little embarrassed to find out I was down all day.
Again, not a complaint, but there may be a glitch in the notification system at RR. Maybe it would help to provide an extra notification in between the 15 minute and 6 hour notifications?

ive had a big issue with receiving tons of notifications without a real issue existing. getting texts and emails all night and day spertatic but the feed be up and going the whole time

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
ive had a big issue with receiving tons of notifications without a real issue existing. getting texts and emails all night and day spertatic but the feed be up and going the whole time
I checked both of your feeds today and saw that both of them were going offline and online often yesterday which would indicate that there is an occasional connectivity problem between our servers and your connection to the Internet.

-- Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.