audio9 server problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

one of our 3 server that broadcasters send their feeds to has experienced a problem. We've now moved those feeds to a new backup audio9 box. You'll need to restart your feeds to get them to reconnect. DNS changes should propagate within 1 hour of this post to be completely switched.

Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, you should be able to just restart your feed over the next hour until it connects to the new audio9 server.

Warm regards,

NFR85

Folks,

one of our 3 server that broadcasters send their feeds to has experienced a problem. We've now moved those feeds to a new backup audio9 box. You'll need to restart your feeds to get them to reconnect. DNS changes should propagate within 1 hour of this post to be completely switched.

Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, you should be able to just restart your feed over the next hour until it connects to the new audio9 server.

Warm regards,

I restarted mine and got this: RR server Audio 9.Radioreference/325672920 No connection can be made because the target machine actively refused it

coolmilk31

georgia

mine has been down for 45 min now iv rebooted my computer an all an still want so must not have it back up yet an iv got people mad at me lol i live in a small town so they love my feed

ScanTN

This is perhaps not the preferred way to connect but if you will use the IP address of 74.86.84.221 rather than audio9.radioreference.com you should be able to connect immediately.

We suggest switching that back at a later point if you do go this route as that might cause issues down the road. For instance, if another situation like this arises your feed might never reconnect because you're no longer resolving a domain to an IP.

Otherwise, if you don't wish to make any changes you should receive the DNS propagation changes within a few hours.

ScanTN

@hykenhyken

You're going to continue to see this message until your DNS updates. (Notice the old IP in your picture "174.37.61.88" )

Either wait for the DNS propagation to go active or try using the information from our post above.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Be patient and keep trying. It would be good to do a reboot of your computer as well. The changes are propagating, and scannercast will automatically reconnect to the server when the changes reach your computer.

So far about 25% of the affected feeds are back online and more are coming back automatically every minute.

NFR85

Be patient and keep trying. It would be good to do a reboot of your computer as well. The changes are propagating, and scannercast will automatically reconnect to the server when the changes reach your computer.

So far about 25% of the affected feeds are back online and more are coming back automatically every minute.

Mine is back

Status
Not open for further replies.