Migration to Broadcastify Update - 3/4/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey folks,

As of this evening we are now redirecting all individual feed detail pages directly to Broadcastify. If you click on a feed details page you will be automatically redirected to the Broadcastify page for the feed - and you'll see a one-time spash screen welcoming you to broadcastify and notifying you of the change.

Some additional notes:

• RadioReference Premium Subscribers can log into Broadcastify for access to feed archives, no-adds etc. All premium subscriptions are still managed on the RadioReference end for now.
  • We rolled some fixes for a few bugs on Broadcastify, namely around informational rollovers, incorrect links to content etc.
  • The County Web Player is now operational on Broadcastify on County pages.
  • Admin and Feed Owner management links are enabled on Broadcastify for feed owners/admin and point back to Radioreference for now

Enjoy! and more to come!

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And I have since redirected all the live audio links for our wiki based collaboration pages to the Broadcastify entity - well, as many as I knew about, anyway...Mike

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Why do this?

What is the purpose of this?

It was nice to have it here.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned

Okay I understand what Lindsay wants to do is have two sites .I think it is bad move you just creating fractions in the group . Many people who are mad about losing membership here and saying they going to take down their feeds !! Yes I agree with them it is bad move on Lindsay part .But please do not take down feeds for other people who enjoy listing because of Lindsay bad business deal. If you what than protest not getting membership here.

If you take the feeds down people who enjoy listing will not be able to do so it could be months , year or two years or more before some other person puts on feed for that area so Lindsay is still going to gain down the road with trade off that some people who enjoy listing will not be able to do that for x amount of time. Do you really want people to NOT BE able to listen for months , year or two years or more? If you have to protest than protest membership here.

DennisDt

they closed that discussion, my English aint that good ,basically what i want to know is
can is stay with my feeds on RR ? i just dont like that other page. i am fine here ,its working good as it is.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
can is stay with my feeds on RR ? i just dont like that other page. i am fine here ,its working good as it is.

No. It will work just as fine at the other site, just a different URL.

DennisDt

OK thanks for clearing this up ,one question than i wont bother u people here anymore :)
Do i have to change the software in my software?. radiofeed is streaming now to audio3.radioreference.com
and it still works :)

Goodells

Well I try the new site and have to play switch the player and its is not nearly as good IMO

dfbailey

It was a seamless transition and I have experienced no problems. Nothing to get upset about - it works the same and you don't have to do anything with your feed.

jmt04

Transition to Broadcastify

I am VERY disappointed that I can no longer access Radio Reference now that you are using Broadcastify. My computer and software are old and I haven't been able to get newer free software to work. I will have to pay a significant amount of money to get repairs and upgrades. My nephew and many relatives are on the local fire and EMS services and I can no longer hear what is going on. When you choose these improvements, do you ever consider that some of us are older and not as skillful with computers?

JoeyC

I am VERY disappointed that I can no longer access Radio Reference now that you are using Broadcastify. My computer and software are old and I haven't been able to get newer free software to work. I will have to pay a significant amount of money to get repairs and upgrades. My nephew and many relatives are on the local fire and EMS services and I can no longer hear what is going on. When you choose these improvements, do you ever consider that some of us are older and not as skillful with computers?

The transition to Broadcastify in no way prevents anyone from accessing radio reference - even with an older computer. You might provide a little more information so someone can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.