iMic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
For those using an iMic for streaming on an XP system, is there a way to get the input coming from the scanner(s) to play through the computer speakers in real-time? I got a used iMic for the stereo line-in capability, but discovered after it arrived that I could only listen to whatever was coming into the iMic in real-time on a Windows 7 laptop. I could not hear the input on Windows XP systems, and I use XP systems for streaming. Looking at the iMic documentation, it indicates that it is primarily for recording software. Based on that, I found that ScannerCast would stream the input of the iMic, but there is no real-time passthrough of the sound to the PC's speakers. I've always used the computer speakers to listen to the scanner in real-time instead of hooking in speakers between the scanner and the PC.

Uplink

I discovered the same problem when I purchased the iMic for my Raspberry Pi feeds. Great audio, but no local pass-thru. I ended up splitting the scanner output audio through a Y-cable for local monitoring.

fredva

Feed Provider
Ok, thank you for the confirmation. I tried looking for any Windows sound setting that might allow the pass-through, but to no avail.

Eng3ineer

I had the same results as well using the I-mic worked great on my windows 7 laptop, but no go on my older computer. I gave up and started using the Y-cable as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.