Icecast, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Well my feed will stay down tonight thanks to Icecast which refuses to keep connected. up down, up down, up down all evening long. So the Law Enforcement community and many concerned citizens who make up my feed listenership get a night of no scanner feeds.

So what's the issue with Icecast tonight? cold weather? server maintenance? what? What do I tell my listeners? Should I have them all create accounts here and let them complain? How much do I need to pay to get my feeds to stay up?

SCPD

QRT
Yep, no replies - I figured that would be the case. "Ole MT whining again, we'll just ignore him and he'll go away" probably even had a few report the post to the Moderation staff. Well don't bother replying to this one either and yes, I'll just shut up and move along. Nice how your Admins run the largest communications resource website in the world, very professional indeed.

SCPD

QRT
lol

well I have to admit complete stupidity here on this. I am not a network guy so these things baffle me. The problem was Not Icecast or Broadcastify or even Scannercast. It happened to be my ISP. Yet NO admin even bothered to comment and even suggest I look locally.

Funny thing, I think every admin here has me on ignore. I've even invited them to coffee in public at my expense and even welcomed them to bring a bat and brass knuckles And they Still won't come ...... these Admin's, heh well enough said ....

pyro424

To answer your question of what to tell your listeners, tell them to buy a scanner! :)

Eng3ineer

If your not using it might give Radiofeed a try for streaming your feed. It has log that shows when feed has gone off line and reconnects. This helped me in figuring out my issues and mine turned out to be the DSL modem from phone company.

I was checking all my feed when they started going offline then reconnecting in front me, so I was able go and check the modem and found the connection light to be flashing after couple days of logging all the times it went out called my phone company and quickly sent out new modem with tech within the hour. So far been smoothing sailing since other than router reboot that i do at end of each week.

Radiofeed can be found here ProScan

SCPD

QRT
You also should realize that the correct way to request support is to do so through a support ticket through your feed's admin page, not the forums.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep, no replies - I figured that would be the case. "Ole MT whining again, we'll just ignore him and he'll go away" probably even had a few report the post to the Moderation staff. Well don't bother replying to this one either and yes, I'll just shut up and move along. Nice how your Admins run the largest communications resource website in the world, very professional indeed.

Here is an admin response.

Dude, chill out. We've literally gone years with you whining over and over about feeds, networks, configurations, downtime, computers, viruses, audio, hum, more configurations and more ISP issues. You've pulled your feeds. You've thrown your hands in the air and told us you'll never provide a feed again. You'll start a new set of feeds a month later. You'll take them down again. Rinse and repeat.

I think you really need to step back and evaluate whether or not we're a fit for you. You might otherwise be slowing destroying your body with all the stress this whole process seems to be causing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.