Audio Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

optize

What do you guys suggest for an audio cable from the scanner to the PC? I'm getting a lot of static on my feed and I believe it's related to my audio cable setup.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
What do you guys suggest for an audio cable from the scanner to the PC? I'm getting a lot of static on my feed and I believe it's related to my audio cable setup.

I don't use anything special. Paid less than $5 for mine. I have had a few that were bad quality, and I just simply switched it out for a different one.

fredva

Feed Provider

I don't know what feed you are hosting, so I'm not sure what the static sounds like. However, you might check the volume level of your "line in" on the computer. I've found that some background noise can be introduced if the "line in" volume in Windows is turned up high. It's better to keep that volume relatively low and if more volume is needed on the broadcast, turn up the scanner volume.

lbpd719

I am no longer supplying to RR/Broadcastify, however have recently switched a couple of my feeds to an RTL-SDR, and am more than impressed at the audio quality.

No hum, no static, just pure audio.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I don't know what feed you are hosting, so I'm not sure what the static sounds like. However, you might check the volume level of your "line in" on the computer. I've found that some background noise can be introduced if the "line in" volume in Windows is turned up high. It's better to keep that volume relatively low and if more volume is needed on the broadcast, turn up the scanner volume.

If he is using a REC out or LINE out jack on the scanner then the Volume control on the scanner will have no effect on the output audio level.

Status
Not open for further replies.