Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Is there a way to cut the delay time from time it leaves your scanner to the time you hear it.I noticed when I use the virtual control of a long delay.

richtidd

Database Admin
Is there a way to cut the delay time from time it leaves your scanner to the time you hear it.I noticed when I use the virtual control of a long delay.

All feeds have a lag.
Assuming you're talking about the 15-45 second delay from your scanner and when the sound comes over the feed This is about the time it takes for the encoding process + the time for your computer to send it to the servers + the time for the servers to receive and process the data + the time for the servers to send it to your computer + the time for your computer to process the incoming data and convert it to sound.
Some lags are a bit longer or shorter than others.
Your mileage may very, and there are a number of other reasons why it might be a little less, or a little more. Just keep in mind that the lag is normal, to be expected, and will change based on load, your network connection, and other factors.
Feed owners have no control over a normal lag in the feeds.

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
I stream a second feed directly from my PC that only I know about, this gets my lag down to about 1 second. I can remote control my scanner from my phone so this really helps when I need to lock out or change settings on a specific frequency or talkgroup, I don't have to guess which one I am hearing 30 seconds later vs. what my control connection back to my scanner is showing. Not sure if that is an option that might work in this case.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Today's delay has been about 5 minutes. Never seen it that long before. Normally it is the same "lag" as was mentioned about 15-45 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.