Delaying my Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
It has come to my attention that people are using apps that use my scanner feed while involved with criminal activity. I just heard on the scanner that an officer is thinking the suspects are using the radio feed due to the fact that the suspects are responding with what they are saying on the radio. As we call know there are two MAJOR issues with this!
1. Its an Officer safety issue
2. Agencies are going encrypted due to reasons like this.

I want to delay the feed by 10minutes, but I've been reading that radioreference doesn't allow that. I've seen some mention about hosting your own feed but I know nothing about that. I'm hoping someone has a solution to this issue or I will stop providing the feed.

fredva

Feed Provider
If you want a feed that only yourself and some trusted acquaintances can use, RadioFeed has an option for a private, password-protected feed.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hello,
It has come to my attention that people are using apps that use my scanner feed while involved with criminal activity. I just heard on the scanner that an officer is thinking the suspects are using the radio feed due to the fact that the suspects are responding with what they are saying on the radio. As we call know there are two MAJOR issues with this!

I want to delay the feed by 10minutes, but I've been reading that radioreference doesn't allow that. I've seen some mention about hosting your own feed but I know nothing about that. I'm hoping someone has a solution to this issue or I will stop providing the feed.

And how do you know they just didn't buy their own scanner? Feeds already have a delay which drives me crazy if I listen to the feed and the live scanner. So what to do if they bought a scanner, hmm ban scanner sales perhaps. Or become "the secret police" using encryption to hide corruption. Maybe like the cell phone portion they will just pass a law to ban the Police frequencies on scanners.

bctrainers

And how do you know they just didn't buy their own scanner? Feeds already have a delay which drives me crazy if I listen to the feed and the live scanner. So what to do if they bought a scanner, hmm ban scanner sales perhaps. Or become "the secret police" using encryption to hide corruption. Maybe like the cell phone portion they will just pass a law to ban the Police frequencies on scanners.
Some feeds are 10s delay while others I've personally heard with 45s delay. The 45s delay went down to 20s delay a couple days later. All comes down to internet routing, amount of client buffer, and what appears to be broadcastify server load.

Broadcastify does not give the option for non-official feeds to have a stream delay. Would be nice to have a blanket 1min delay on all feeds. But forcing a delay on feeds increases memory usage and possibly a cpu utilization increase.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hello,

Sorry but we do not allow general feed owner to delay their feed as you want.
We only allow official feeds to be delayed.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hello,

If I even suspect this is happening I cut my feed until the incident is over.

bemyax

Feed Provider
If I even suspect this is happening I cut my feed until the incident is over.

Agreed. However, instead of killing the feed, I stop the talk group in question. Since other traffic continues to roll, a suspect may not realize he is no longer being informed by the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.