Kitsap County Wa feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinder

Feed Provider
Hi,Im looking for some input on the feed I provide for Kitsap co Wa. It has been a stereo feed from the begining. I would like to know if you would prefer a mono feed with all agency(s) included or would you prefer I leave it as is(stereo) Thank you for your input on this. Tim.....

bessex23

Premium Subscriber
Tim, I was up in the Mason Cty area this last weekend and I was listening to your feed, and to be honest I was a little confused as to which feed I was getting. Since I wanted to listen to Bremerton only I ended up changing my settings to only hear that speaker. If it were me I would pref mono, but that's just me.

thinder

Feed Provider
Kitsap

Thank you for your opinion,I do appreciate it..I have an unused bct 15 that im thinking about using for a mono feed.

I provide feeds for Whatcom County and I believe mono feeds are better. Specially with a lot of people using smartphone apps. Generally they will be using the phone speaker or a mono earpiece. The overlapping of the two feeds can be confusing specially during an emergency.

thinder

Feed Provider
Kitsap

Ya ,The stereo feed even annoys me and its my feed!! Thank you for you input. I talked to a listener today, he uses a smart phone and hates the stereo.I will change it asap. Thanks again for your input, Tim......

RRn00b

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes I turn one side down, but I listen to both most of the time so I can hear Port Orchard police and Kitsap county sheriff. Kind of confusing sometimes but no complaints, I really appreciate that you provide this feed!

I've been having trouble yesterday and today with the feed stopping after 5 or 10 minutes. If I reload it, it usually starts again but then stops again. Not sure if it's the feed or something with my computer?

Redneck0410

Sometimes I turn one side down, but I listen to both most of the time so I can hear Port Orchard police and Kitsap county sheriff. Kind of confusing sometimes but no complaints, I really appreciate that you provide this feed!

I've been having trouble yesterday and today with the feed stopping after 5 or 10 minutes. If I reload it, it usually starts again but then stops again. Not sure if it's the feed or something with my computer?

I would start by "resetting" your IP address. To do this, you would reset your modem, depending on model, by either the reset button on the rear of the modem or unplugging it for approximately 10-45 seconds and plugging it back in. I've had problems like that before, and that is what has worked for me. Also, any kind of preventative maintenance you can do on the computer itself (depending if it's a dedicated computer or not) will likely help. If you need more in-depth instructions on resetting your modem, send me a private message with what type of modem and internet connection you have and I'll try and help you out as best I can.

-Shawn

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Commenting on stereo vs. mono. I've been running a stereo feed out of Yakima for 10 years and had very little complaint. I see you have four frequencies on one side and five on the other which can cause confusion.
On my feed I have one single frequency, that does not scan, feeding the City of Yakima Police and other cities on one side. I like it because I never miss any radio traffic. On the other side I feed city and county fire ( two channels, same dispatcher for both at times). The nice feature with stereo is listening to one feed on my smart phone I won't miss any active police or fire incidents in the area.
I found after 10 years keeping everybody happy doesn't work well.

thinder

Feed Provider
Kitsap

Thanks for the input,also RRnOOb not sure if this is why you kept disconecting but Ive been having trouble with my phone/dsl circuit for about a week.Its been repaired now so let me know if all is working well again.Thanks for Listening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.