Listen to Live Audio feeds with a Google Chromebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToledoScanner

Can you listen to Live Audio feeds with a Google Chromebook? I did a couple searches across the site and forums and see no mention of using Chromebooks to confirm. I would suspect a Live Audio feed should just play via one or more of the various feed formats without issue. Just want to know for sure before I jump on getting one. If anybody is using one successfully to listen to feeds, let me know.

kma371

QRT
Can you listen to Live Audio feeds with a Google Chromebook? I did a couple searches across the site and forums and see no mention of using Chromebooks to confirm. I would suspect a Live Audio feed should just play via one or more of the various feed formats without issue. Just want to know for sure before I jump on getting one. If anybody is using one successfully to listen to feeds, let me know.

you could try using the Google chrome browser and see if it works that way. I think that's what the chrome book would use.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
you could try using the Google chrome browser and see if it works that way. I think that's what the chrome book would use.

Running Google Chrome on a Windows machine isn't indicative to how it runs on Chrome OS. The browser is dependent on installed software to make the various audio links work. For example, Winamp isn't available for Chrome OS so the Winamp links don't work.

Mike

kma371

QRT
Running Google Chrome on a Windows machine isn't indicative to how it runs on Chrome OS. The browser is dependent on installed software to make the various audio links work. For example, Winamp isn't available for Chrome OS so the Winamp links don't work.

Mike

oh thank you wasn't aware of that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.