Sprint now blocking Broadcastify???

Status
Not open for further replies.

otrip

Premium Subscriber
Using "Scanner Radio" app on Android with Sprint I am "unable connect to audio server". Diagnostic mode it tells me: "Problem Detected" "Your carrier is intercepting the app's attempt to connect to Broadcastify.com's audio servers." This only happens when my phone is in 3g (Sprint) mode. When my phone is connected in wi-fi mode (through my router) it works fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

talkpair

This came up in another thread recently, along with a noise issue.
The noise issue was resolved, but unsure if the other issue was.

The carrier in that case was Verizon, and appeared to be limited to a single feed.

Are you having problems with one feed in particular, or all feeds?

otrip

Premium Subscriber
All feeds. Tried both local and various "top" feeds. When I'm home & want to listen I simply turn on my scanner. It's nice to be able to use the live feeds at work or wherever through my phone. I'll download and try with another phone later tonight and see what happens.

abbadabbado - While you personally may think it's wrong to stream audio, not everyone agrees with you. Including our local FD, which streams it's own audio online and shares the RR/broadcastify link right on their homepage.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Using "Scanner Radio" app on Android with Sprint I am "unable connect to audio server". Diagnostic mode it tells me: "Problem Detected" "Your carrier is intercepting the app's attempt to connect to Broadcastify.com's audio servers." This only happens when my phone is in 3g (Sprint) mode. When my phone is connected in wi-fi mode (through my router) it works fine.

Anyone else having this issue?
Are you running version 3.9.5 or later of "Scanner Radio"? Earlier versions of the app will falsely report that the connection is being intercepted due to a change that was made to one of Broadcastify's servers.

Can you run the app, then select "Diagnostics" from the menu again, and then select "Share" from the menu to send me (the developer of the app) the info? Once you've done so, send an e-mail to me at support@gordonedwards.net letting me know and I'll take a look at what it reports.

Thanks,
Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.