Maintaining Feed while away

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I have been having a constant issue with my feed going offline everytime I go to work. ( I work 48hrs on, 96hrs off). It never fails! Every time I leave, the feed goes offline. I run Windows 7 with Radiofeed (Version 3.7) connected via WiFi to a Uniden BCD536HP and have Suddenlink cable internet. I use Teamviewer when remote control the PC and get it back online. The only setting I have adjusted to keep the computer on 24/7 is going to Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings for Turn off the display: NEVER & Put the computer to sleep: NEVER.
I took vacation and have been home for 11days now, and have not had one issue with the feed being offline. Any suggestions?

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Use a hardline Ethernet cable to the computer if possible. I was having the same issue with a media server on my network and as soon as I changed it over to hardline my issue went away of periodic network disconnects.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The 536HP is not very stable on WIFi for 24/7 connection. I have tried and it constantly loses audio connection. It would freeze on Metadata until I did that thru RS232. Unfortunately, the 536 has no easy way to feed audio for a feed w/o wifi.

Hello,
I have been having a constant issue with my feed going offline everytime I go to work. ( I work 48hrs on, 96hrs off). It never fails! Every time I leave, the feed goes offline. I run Windows 7 with Radiofeed (Version 3.7) connected via WiFi to a Uniden BCD536HP and have Suddenlink cable internet. I use Teamviewer when remote control the PC and get it back online. The only setting I have adjusted to keep the computer on 24/7 is going to Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings for Turn off the display: NEVER & Put the computer to sleep: NEVER.
I took vacation and have been home for 11days now, and have not had one issue with the feed being offline. Any suggestions?

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
You can use the USB/serial port on the front for Alpha tags, and use the line out on the 536hp to the line in on the computer. From there use ethernet to connect to a router

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You can use the USB/serial port on the front for Alpha tags, and use the line out on the 536hp to the line in on the computer. From there use ethernet to connect to a router

The 536 HP does not have a line out it only has EXT Speaker and it doesn't work well for computer input. Even the front headphone jack doesn't work all that well. And the Metadata can come from the rear RS 232 port.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
The 536 HP does not have a line out it only has EXT Speaker and it doesn't work well for computer input. Even the front headphone jack doesn't work all that well. And the Metadata can come from the rear RS 232 port.

Are you using the microphone input or the line input on your computer? The microphone input is a little harder to get properly adjusted because it is more sensitive to input levels. If your computer doesn't have a line input, you may want to consider using a USB audio adapter; they can be purchased for just a few dollars.

I use the external speaker jack on one scanner and the headphone jack on another scanner to provide the audio for my feeds, and they work pretty well once the audio adjustments on both the scanners and the computer are properly set.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
The audio seems be doing okay, it's the Radiofeed that keeps loosing connection now. I got a new router and ever since, I have been unable to log into teamviewer if I am not on my home network. Does anyone have a solution or perhaps another / better remote access software?

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I used to run a feed also and started to get the same problem also i was use'n wifi and changed over to an Cat5 cable and the problem went away......

The PC it self is now wired directly to the router via an Ethernet cable.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 536's running on PROSCAN 1 for 18 months no drops and the 2 I got from the AMAZON sale in December and it has not dropped the WIFI connection yet.
#1 My home system (PC all scanners and router is on a 2200 watt UPS
#2 My WIFI Router has the IP address for each scanner MAC ADDRESS RESERVED and does not renew.
#3 I have a very stable Cable Internet Provider
I can only think my good luck as to not having power blinks to cause me any problems as everything involved in my setup is always powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.