Is there a problem with feed connection now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollosfyre

I have many feeds running simultaneously in Winamp instances, and it seems if they go down the last few days, I have to go back to Broadcastify and grab a new link to restart them. Are the uRLs being moved/changed? Could this be a Winamp issue?

n0nhp

It is most likely a problem with some packets being dropped between Broadcastify's server and your computer.
On WinAmp be sure you have the "Toggle Playlist / Song Repeating" button pressed. That will make WinAmp try to re-establish the stream if it looks like it has ended.

Bruce

Chronic

Player links

As of late , the last few months the links to a player on broadcastify works most of the time , but links to players on Radio Reference rarely work .

apollosfyre

Repeat is all set. It seems that if it loses connect, the listed feed will not restart unless I pull it off Broadcastify again. I keep the link set in the queue list setting in Options>Preference> Jump to file so it should be static. It's as if the links I've saved this year changed somehow.

I also never have pulled any audio from RR, and actually don't recall seeing those before. I use it for scanner programming though.

ibagli

I keep a bunch of M3U files saved in a folder, and they all stopped working yesterday. The URLs changed for every feed as far as I can tell. Hopefully it's a one-time thing.

apollosfyre

I keep a bunch of M3U files saved in a folder, and they all stopped working yesterday. The URLs changed for every feed as far as I can tell. Hopefully it's a one-time thing.

That is exactly what has happened to me. Folder of downloads for about 30% of the west coast and none can be played, but also strangely, any feed that has not yet failed keeps playing. If I stop play, it is as good as dead, and i need to pull a new URL off Broadcastify. Been an issue for 3 days.

Side note, I do not know if Pulsepoint uses Broadcastify feeds though they seem identical in their audio hits, Pulsepoint audio feeds have been mostly offline the same 3 days. And for my associates also.

My issues are on 8 PCs so I'm finding it hard to grasp as a PC issue. Router maybe? But why do the new pulls running and not going dead if I restart them?

NYRHKY94

Experienced the same thing. The URL's were changed on the Broadcastify end. Had to change all of my URL's in the WinAmp.ini file to reflect the new ones.

apollosfyre

Experienced the same thing. The URL's were changed on the Broadcastify end. Had to change all of my URL's in the WinAmp.ini file to reflect the new ones.

Happened 4 days ago, and then as I started changing mine, the old feeds all came back up. 2 days ago they went down again. Hope they don't change back after I do all the reloads. Be nice to get some notice of changes.

HVRM

I have had the same issue. Every time I shut down I have to pull a new M3U file down to get it to work again. This started a week ago. Its annoying as the computer I have the plays things back does not have a mouse attached to it. I hope this is fixed soon.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
No feeds

Experienced same problems as everyone has related.
My WinAmp has pretty well stopped working. Cant load feeds from Brodcastify at all. Wouldn't play any of the old ones I had bookmarked.

Wish I could use ProScan Client to listen. If thats possible, I have no clue how to do it.

fredva

Feed Provider
I can't play anything directly from RadioReference now. When I click on the speaker icon to play something, it redirects me to a page with a link for the asx or m3u file, but doesn't download and activate the player. Tried both Firefox and IE. I can still activate players from Broadcastify, including WinAmp. But I also have the problem with the previously-downloaded files not working.

nick223

Feed Provider
Same thing i had to change re add all my feeds on 3/28 as of 4/1 they quit working again im assuming the links all changed again.

an39511

The links to my feed have changed four times in the past week.
The links used to be to a simple, a numeric number only but they changed to over to alpha/numeric and are changing every few days now. Not sure why they are doing it but it could be to drive traffic back to broacastifiy to pickup new links

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,
http://relay.broadcastify.com:80/6z7dk5nt8q9fmgo

gdradio

yeah looks like it is a daily thing now. I used to have all my feeds bookmarked in winamp

now they are useless and change on a DAILY basis.

not sure what the motivation is (I assume to make people re-visit the page and click on ads?) ... but it's a semi-bummer.

but oh well

bgred2

Same here. Used to just have iTunes icons to click on my favorite feeds. Now the url keeps changing. Almost seems like they are forcing us to listen thru a web browser.
Probably a good reason for it......................

Status
Not open for further replies.