ScannerRadio App Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have been listening to Broadcastify on my Android tablet with the Gordon Edwards ScannerRadio app for may years with no problems until recently.

I noticed audio dropouts on some feeds I assumed was a problem with the feed until I listed directly to the feed on Broadcastify on my PC and there was no problem.

What I am observing on ScannerRadio is the audio cuts out briefly approximately every 10 seconds on every Broadcastify feed. The problem is not present on RailroadRadio.net or other feeds that ScannerRadio supports, it is only on Broadcastify feeds. I even checked Broadcastify weather radio feeds that have continuous audio and observed the same dropouts.

I can't find any way to contact the app developer to investigate what the problem is that affects only Broadcastify feeds. Does anyone know what is going on?

ScannerRadio is supposed to be an authorized app for Broadcastify.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have verified with another user running a different platform and the ScannerRadio Pro version that he observes the same condition. I found the URL to report a problem to Gordon and have opened a trouble ticket.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
That's due to the way the app's "Progressive download" streaming method works. If you change the app's streaming method to "Direct streaming" and turn off the "Optimize streaming method?" setting you should no longer hear the tiny gaps (assuming the "direct streaming" streaming method works on your phone).

k2hz

Database Admin
That's due to the way the app's "Progressive download" streaming method works. If you change the app's streaming method to "Direct streaming" and turn off the "Optimize streaming method?" setting you should no longer hear the tiny gaps (assuming the "direct streaming" streaming method works on your phone).

Unfortunately, direct streaming will not work with many Android 4.x devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.