• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng UVB6 Dual Band Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

From what I have read that appears to be a "feature" common to all Baofeng and Wouxun models and clones that use the same processor.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Can't comment on the Baofeng, but my wouxun doesn't stop provided it is set up correctly. wouxun shows it as T-CTC and R-CTC so I only input the CTC for the wouxun to transmit it. Besides, the scan rate of the wouxun is silly slow so seldom if ever scan with it.

mancow

Database Admin
It seems they wrote one version of the code and every other radio has been based on it.

SCPD

QRT
Baofeng

I've heard these Baofeng radios on the air and between me and you,they need better transmit audio!
TYT is el cheapo also ,if any of you were thinking about a Baofeng,I would rethink it.The TYT radios look,feel and work alot better than the Wouxuns or the Baofeng.I have a TYT TH-UVF6 and it almost seems like a copy of a Kenwood Th-F6 inside and how it sounds.Loud and clear!
The TYT radios accept Baofeng batteries too and chargers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VQsTgTL-s

Theres a 144/220
a 220/440 <i have a few
and a 144/440MHZ

grem467

I've heard these Baofeng radios on the air and between me and you,they need better transmit audio!
TYT is el cheapo also ,if any of you were thinking about a Baofeng,I would rethink it.The TYT radios look,feel and work alot better than the Wouxuns or the Baofeng.I have a TYT TH-UVF6 and it almost seems like a copy of a Kenwood Th-F6 inside and how it sounds.Loud and clear!
The TYT radios accept Baofeng batteries too and chargers.

TYT TH-UVF9 Dual Band Radio 136-174/400-470Mhz - YouTube

Theres a 144/220
a 220/440 <i have a few
and a 144/440MHZ

Do you have any performance issues on your 220/440s? I owned one when they first came out and had to return it due to sensitivity issues. Very hit or miss on RX especially on UHF. I was hoping they would fix it some day as 220/440 is a combo that works well for me.

traffic27fl

For those intending to use this and other Chinese radios on Part 90 frequencies, a little research is in order. Below are two items relating to TYT in particular. Number 1 is taken from the FCC OET Equipment Authorization site. Number two is part of an email I received from TYT Electronics pursuant to an email I sent them containing several questions including FCC certification. Notable is the absence of both the UV F9 and the UV F6. For those interested in checking FCC cert, go the OET site and put in the Grantee code (first digits of the FCC ID) in the Grantee box and then scroll down to the bottom and click search and the system will bring up all radios certified by under that Grantee code (TYT = x24, Wouxun=wvt, Baofeng=zp5).

1) EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: X24-THUV

Name of Grantee: Quanzhou TYT Electronics Co., Ltd.

Equipment Class: Licensed Non-Broadcast Transmitter Held to Face
Notes: Handheld Two way Radio; Model: TH-UVF1, TH-UVF2, TH-UVF3, TH-F5, TH-F8

2) From: vicky085@hotmail.com
To: ...............@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: TYT TH-UVF9 dual-band portable radio
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:53:21 +0800

Hi Mike,

We have FCC for TH-UVF1, TH-9000, we sent TH-UVF9 for FCC testing. But it cost a long time, still do not offer us a report for these two radio.
Some of our customer in the USA and Canada still buy them without FCC report.

Nicholas440

You can also get the programming software for the Baofeng at the 409shop.com online, it's a free download.
I have the Baofeng UV B5 same radio no flashlight on it. I prefer the Baofeng program over the Chirp it has more options.

I also own 6 of the Chinese ht's and 1 Kenwood TH F6A, and out of all the ht's I have the Puxing UV 973 is the best. It's a true dual receiver, better sensitivity on the front end than the Kenwood, scans faster than all the others I own, has a loud transmit audio and the receiver sensitivity is amazing, I put the Puxing next to the Kenwood several times and the Puxing hears signals the Kenwood doesn't know are there. The Puxing is simply one of the best Chinese ht's out there and very few people even know about them.

Your Baofeng is very easy to manually program once you learn how to input the frequency and save it to the memory number you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.