• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Termn 8R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slap1015

Any word on when this radio will be released again? Or if it will ever be?
Looking into buying another HT.
Wanted to know your thoughts on these two comparisons:

BaoFeng UV-82C vs Anytone NSTIG-8R

And

Anytone Termn 8R vs Anytone AT-3318UV-E

Are there any other HT available that have the 2 Tone pager options?

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Any word on when this radio will be released again? Or if it will ever be?

I would not hold my breath for this radio coming back. Word has it that the FCC enforcement bureau has "captured" several of these and is investigating. The outcome of this investigation remains to be seen. There is an extensive discussion (TLDR) in this thread regarding the developments surrounding this radio.

BaoFeng UV-82C vs Anytone NSTIG-8R

And

Anytone Termn 8R vs Anytone AT-3318UV-E

Can't comment on any of the AnyTone radios, but I've owned a UV-82.
It's a decent radio for a WOC portable. TX and RX audio is outstanding, as is the form factor.

It is not perfect, as with most Chinese WOC radios, scan speed is painfully slow, but for the price what can one expect?

I did not have any intermod issues on the UV82 I owned. It actually had a pretty decent front end for a WOC radio and I would own one again.

Last edited:

rapidcharger

Just for the simple reason that the Anytone Tech INMTIG8R is only available from the source, sold by the importer of the company and that company has been shown to lie and deceive customers, I would choose anything else by default.

teufler

A readio that is not much more in price is the Wouxun uv8d. It has 999 channels, groups like the Termn8r, fm radio, it lacks the am portion of the airband, but it is much nicer on the crossband function. The Termn8r ,, you hold two buttons down, then turn on the radio, while the uv8d, you punch one button. It have a similar frequency coverage, the uv8d lacks the low band coverage, but thats am only so not alot heard there anyway. The Term8r has a 1 watt speaker that is really nice while the uv8d, I think is 800mw. Battery capacity with optional batteries is about or alittle bit larger. The Wouxun comes with a 2800 mah battery while the Termn8r has a 2200 mah battery. Both are about the same size and weight. The screen is much larger on the Wouxun, though you should prabably concider a case as ther large front crystal is flush mounted in the case and coulkd crack or get scratched in normal use. So the Wouxun would be a good choice if you want another radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.