• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

baoefang uv5r programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

riggers658

Got this radio to hook into my company radio system. I found the frequency and I came hear them but they say that they can tell when I key it up but can't hear me any help would be appreciated

wkm

Did you try using the headphone mic? I think I heard the jack can have a short in them causing the on board mic not to work.

riggers658

Don't have one they can tell I key up but that's it no sound at all. Could I have programmed it wrong??? I'm very new to this

wkm

I didn't think a repeater would activate if no PL tone is present.

riggers658

I'm not sure if there is a repeater I took one of the radios home so I could get the frequency when I would key the new radio I can tell its getting the signal by the tx light just no voice. I was trying to find out about the ctcss but they had no idea what I was talking about

Catalinaflyer

Your going to have to find the correct tone in order to break the squelch on their radios. Set to their channel and just keep stepping the tone up 1 at a time in VFO mode till you break squelch on their radios.

teufler

Being a business frequency, you need to get the input frequency, to their computer. Use a calculator and find out the difference between what you herar and what needs to transmit. This number then goes in the offset column, a postive or negative. Then you get the ctcss tone. Tou put the tone in the transmit side, chances are the business repeater is not transmitting the tone so it would not be on the receive side. Then send this to the radio, doing it by hand is alittle different but can be done also.

ke6gcv

First, I'll dispense with the proverbial beating of the dead horse. Baofeng radios are not type accepted for Parts 90 and 95. Broadcasting on commercial radio frequencies on these radios is, in a sense, illegal. Hell, I would go so far as to say they may be illegal on Ham bands, too, since no one seems to know what they're permitted to do/not to do.

Second. Yes, a transmitting CTCSS/PL or DPL sub-audible tone is required for your coworkers to hear you. Without this tone, you'll only be a blinking receive LED on your coworkers radios, nothing more. The tone will be the same on both transmit and receive frequencies of the repeater.

Third. Is your business using a VHF or UHF repeater? I'd suspect UHF as VHF company-owned repeaters are rare, though are in use. If UHF, your transmit frequency would be 5MHz higher than the receive. Example: You're receiving radio traffic on 462.2500MHz. The transmitting frequency would be 467.2500MHz. VHF, on the other hand, varies.

For commercial VHF repeaters, your range is 150MHz-174MHz. There's no standard for transmitting and receiving frequency pairs. So as long as the repeater pair doesn't interfere with one another or other nearby repeaters, your spacing can vary greatly. Example: You're receiving on 154.3250MHz. You're transmitting on 152.9750MHz, or 156.6850MHz.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.