RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief21 View Post
I can confirm that the AnyTone D868uv can NOT receive two frequencies simultaneously. Like many of these radios, it appears to support "dual-watch", where it can monitor two frequencies but the first one to show activity will pass audio. The other will not.

-John AC4JK
My Baofeng DM-5R has dual-watch, but if one of the frequencies is DMR, dual-watch is disabled. I found that out after I read the manual. You might want to check to see if this radio does the same thing. It was really disappointing.

Take Care,

Rich
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2017, 1:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4GIX View Post
Please take note that any true "dual receive" radios will always have two volume controls, meaning that there are two physical receivers on the chassis.
One volume control is not always an indicator of single receive.

My Icom ID-51 has one volume and one select channel knob. In dual display whichever side is selected (A or B) is the side the single knob(s) effect.

Hopeful to pick up my 868 from Jason at club meeting tonight. More to follow...

Mike

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...
Old 11-15-2017, 3:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcscanner View Post
My Icom ID-51 has one volume and one select channel knob. In dual display whichever side is selected (A or B) is the side the single knob(s) effect.
That's good to know. Nonetheless, the 'channel select' effectively means two independently controllable volume settings.
Old 11-16-2017, 9:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4GIX View Post
That's good to know. Nonetheless, the 'channel select' effectively means two independently controllable volume settings.
Not sure about the wink?

The knobs are arranged one on top of the other. There roles are select and volume. In software which knob is which can be reversed. Select on top and volume on bottom or that can be reversed.

There are two independently controllable volume registers, one for A side and other for B side in the radio innards. Which ever side is selected the predefined knob controls that side's volume. To change the volume of the other side, that side must be selected and the same knob control is used to change the volume.

My original post may not have been clear, but the select knob never allows for changing the volume.

To close in the spirit of the original post.

Got the radio last night and working thru programming. Had to do a little searching to find the USB driver and CPS. I'm going to have to read the programing manual as there is more stuff to work with than the CS750/580 radio I have and name and places have been changed to confuse the user. I found a programing guide, version 7, that looks to be done by a 3rd party.

Contact Manager will have only limited help. It only understands Anytone 858 codeplug and will not open a 868 codeplug and they are both "rdt" files.

868 CPS does have the plus of import and export to csv files. Export from CPS to establish column layout and data format. Arrange data to match and write csv file. Import into CPS. Doing contacts first which I have the csv file created by Contact Manager from pulling the DMR-Marc world wide user data.

More to follow... "If I keep my sanity..."

Mike

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...
Old Yesterday, 2:57 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcscanner View Post
Not sure about the wink?

The knobs are arranged one on top of the other. There roles are select and volume. In software which knob is which can be reversed. Select on top and volume on bottom or that can be reversed.

There are two independently controllable volume registers, one for A side and other for B side in the radio innards. Which ever side is selected the predefined knob controls that side's volume. To change the volume of the other side, that side must be selected and the same knob control is used to change the volume.

My original post may not have been clear, but the select knob never allows for changing the volume.
All that to simply say that the radio has two separately controllable volume levels; one for each receiver. That's what makes it "dual-receive" rather than simply "dual-watch."
Sponsored links