Shooting at LAX Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Also now: Staging on LAFD Channel 2. Metro Fire reports injured pilot calling 911 from Terminal 4. LAFD IC ordering all LAFD don Body Armor...

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1309251116) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

I am seeing online media reports of someone from TSA having been shot.

I wonder how soon accurate info will come out.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Rescue 64 on Tac 13 reporting they possibly have the shooter as a patient, with GSW to mouth and front of head. Heading to UCLA Trauma Center with that victim

RadioDaze

Sitting here in Marina Del Rey, less than 3 miles NW of LAX. Been listening to it starting with the initial radio calls. Only have 3 of my scanners with me, and they were not enough. Gotta say, when the S hits the fan, I have no idea how many scanners is the correct number.

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Whoever is operating the Broadcastify feed for LA Fire Dept is doing a very good job.

karldotcom

There was a considerable amount of heated discussion amongst LAPD sgts and supervisors about LAXPD and their radio system on the APCO Phone channel 484.900 (LAPD air to air / air to ground)

Another good exchange when the Mayor protection detail came on asking the helicopters to move away for the press conference (noise), when they were working trying to clear up the traffic ties ups around the airport.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Also caught good traffic on LAPD 64 (Staff Command) with the PIOs and higher ups

karldotcom

LAX shooting: New details emerge at Congressional hearing | Represent! | 89.3 KPCC

Lawmakers also questioned Pistole about radios. He said TSA supervisors have them at checkpoints, but on the day of the LAX shooting, the supervisor picked up a land line, what he called "a red phone," to call for help. But just as the supervisor was getting ready to speak, Pistole said: "she drops the phone and runs because the shooter’s coming up the escalator having just fired additional rounds, and so she did not stay to finish that call."

Status
Not open for further replies.