Wings Over Sonoma County

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is anyone going to this one ?
The last few years (due to young Kids with limited attention Span) I have being hanging out for a few hours behind the Airport.
(I believe is in the area of the Gun club / experimental hangar area)
Anyone else going or even better with access "to impress my Kids" to the area inside the Gate :)
sf

Gbcue

You mean Wings Over Wine Country?

I've been two years in a row, but this year I can't go...

Here are some pictures: http://gallery.gbcue.com/v/wowc/

Maybe if you know some people in the Civil Air Patrol, you can get somewhere, although the tape is already quite close to the runway, the event is loud and dangerous already...

SCPD

QRT
I guess I need to get better in finding Time and way to find a way in finding frequency.
I think I may get somewhat lucky on Saturday to just park and deal with just one of my kids. :)
I was thinking one kid and 3 Scanner I should have some luck finding the right frequencies.
So I drive up to the spot I've been to for the last three year and find the driveway to the back gate closed, :( "found out later it is not only because the Air show it is because PD Sheriff is using that area now: what a bummer :((
So my old pro 95 who I just charged; so I thought died on me shortly on arrival :(
Anyway found Air boss on 126.4 and a brief 1 or 2 other Air frequency with Chanel 1 and 3 of the ground operation,
thought would hear more chatter between those Channel but did not. :((
Got some "good" Picture mostly from the "F15" I think and the " C-17 GLOBE MASTER III"
Wow the C-17 was so cool. It was so slow making tight turns like you where daydreaming and took off and landed shorter then it took of WOW
The second Day I got some close up from where they parked. (At the CDF Base)
I hoping one of this day I get the Weekend off with my kids on that Day or they get old enough to all volunteer with me :))
Hope to get some Time to upload some Picture here or somewhere else If anyone is interested.
Again did anyone else made it to the Show ?

Status
Not open for further replies.