Monterey County 700 MHz TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Monterey County has applied to the FCC, to construct a three-site 700 MHz Project 25 TRS. The new system so far consists of three transmitter sites, two of which are in Salinas. Will this be a stand alone system, or part of a new regional network? More information is available on the FCC Web site.

73's

Ron

It will be part of the new regional network via IP link. Salinas and Monterey peninsula cities will be on the 700mhz and the rest of the county will be on VHF. I know Salinas PD has the Unity XG-100P radios and other agencies have P5400's not sure on what mobiles they are useing . They are almost done with all the installs of radios.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
ScannerDude244;1949932They are almost done with all the installs of radios.[/QUOTE said:
Interesting. The only Harris radios I've seen in Monterey County is the handheld Unity radio. And then they are few and far between.

Which vehicles are done? I'm over there on occasion and would like to see one.

How far along are they on their overall system?

Interesting. The only Harris radios I've seen in Monterey County is the handheld Unity radio. And then they are few and far between.

Which vehicles are done? I'm over there on occasion and would like to see one.

How far along are they on their overall system?

As far as I know most of the PD/SO cars have the new radios other agencies such as public works are ways off. But mostly every law enforcement are using their portable radios now with current frequencies and they county is also in process of narrow banding the current frequencies. Other agencies have their portable radios but are waiting for programming. As far as the new system they are going to use the current sites with a new tower in de ray oaks but the people there put a stop to that I don't know whats going on what that.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you have a pretty good scoop on their new stuff. You have someone on the inside?? :)

Narrow Banding? Didn't they get a waiver for all the agencies?

Well I finally got a digital scanner and pop in those 700mhz frequencies in and yesterday afternoon the Salinas site came to life for a few hours then went offline. I did get some info from unitrunker

ID: 908EE-33F
Site: 005-005
Control channel 769.53125

Not sure if it's going to be Phase I or II anyway to find out?

I also found out their is p25 on VHF SO channel, but it had encryption

Last edited:
New Public Safety Radio System To Make Communication Easier | Local News - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

SALINAS, Calif. -
In a life or death situation, communication is paramount for emergency crews. We're learning more the victim of a crime or other type of emergency, officers said this new communications system called Next Generation Radio System or NGEN, will help them work more efficiently. about a system that's going to be a game changer for local law enforcement and fire crews. So if you're

cmpsa

Does anyone know if this system will be for the southwestern part of Monterey County (i.e. Hwy 1 from Carmel south into Big Sur to the San Louis Obispo county line) ??

I'm going to guess and say no - it won't cover that area? but just a guess...

Thanks in advance.

It already does County fire Point Sur 154.01000, Post Ranch 153.81500 not sure if the Anderson peak site is up yet. Sheriff 159.0900

EDIT: Oops if you meant the 700mhz TRS system no the system will only be in Salinas and Monterey peninsula. The rest of the county will be on P25 VHF TRS and Analog and it will be link together via IP.

Last edited:

cmpsa

Sorry I meant to clarify. I was curious if the 700MHz trunked system works from Carmel south into Big Sur.

I already have confirmed that Monterey Cnty Sheriff uses:
159.090 Rptr PL 114.8 (155.xxxx is the input)

I found that they use different PL's on the input side which determines which rptr site they talk to: PL 146.2 is Carmel area, PL 192.8 is Little River Hill & Point Sur Light station, Big Sur area).

There is also now a UHF link between the Point Sur Light Station (Big Sur) site and the new Post Ranch tower site (Big Sur) is: 458.9625 PL 192.8 and Post Ranch tower site is 453.9625 PL 192.8. The link is uses to simulcast one site to the other, and vice versa.

===
Will the countywide 159.090 Rptrs stay analog, or are they planning on making this P25 conventional and/or P25 VHF trunking.

Last edited:
Hi ScannerDude244:

Sorry I meant to clarify. I was curious if the 700MHz trunked system works from Carmel south into Big Sur.

I already have confirmed that Monterey Cnty Sheriff uses:
159.090 Rptr PL 114.8 (155.xxxx is the input)

I found that they use different PL's on the input side which determines which rptr site they talk to: PL 146.2 is Carmel area, PL 192.8 is Little River Hill & Point Sur Light station, Big Sur area).

There is also now a UHF link between the Point Sur Light Station (Big Sur) site and the new Post Ranch tower site (Big Sur) is: 458.9625 PL 192.8 and Post Ranch tower site is 453.9625 PL 192.8. The link is uses to simulcast one site to the other, and vice versa.

===
Will the countywide 159.090 Rptrs stay analog, or are they planning on making this P25 conventional and/or P25 VHF trunking.

They use alot UHF links in the county. They will be on P25 VHF trunking it will be simulcast along with analog overlay system like the county fire once they go into the cities they can switch over to the 700mhz it will be link with the P25 VHF/700mhz/analog overlay systems. They have harris multiband radios already and using them on the analog side till they get the other systems online. And 159.0900 will be used as the input frequency in the new analog overlay system for the sheriff. It's going to be a unique system first of its kind

cmpsa

Tue, 8/26/14:

Anyone have any updates on their 700MHz trunked system? I'm only asking because I'll be there (in California) for a week listening to my scanner like glue on flypaper.. haha

Tue, 8/26/14:

Anyone have any updates on their 700MHz trunked system? I'm only asking because I'll be there (in California) for a week listening to my scanner like glue on flypaper.. haha

Nothing yet only the Salinas sites are up no talk groups yet. They are waiting for the Huckleberry site that covers the Monterey Peninsula , but the people of Pebble Beach don't want there millon dollar view messed with so the system is deleyed again.

Huckleberry Hill radio tower EIR released, opposition responds
Huckleberry Hill radio tower EIR released, opposition responds - MontereyHerald.com :

If you have any question about radio stuff in Monterey County feel free to PM me. Also check out the wiki http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Monterey_County_(CA)

kma371

QRT
I'm wasn't asking for the user (because it's obviously unknown as it was encrypted) I was asking for the talkgroup itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.