Susanville / Lassen Co. freq list found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
While searching the internet I stumbled across this pretty comprehensive list for Lassen County, Susanville, Plumas County, and the surrounding areas:

http://www.susanvillestuff.com/scanner.html

I have no idea how recent the data is, although it lists Reno PD and Reno Fire on their old UHF system, which was a few years ago.

Luckily rural areas don't change that fast.

Enjoy!

SCPD

QRT
I took a quick glance through the first 5 pages or so and there are a lot of errors. I don't know the local stuff very well, but do know the BLM, Forest Service, and Fish and Game systems well enough to say that about half of what is listed is incorrect. The site lists repeater input frequencies which are of very limited utility, the uplink UHF frequencies have changed, and much of what is listed is just incorrect. Some of the frequencies listed appear to be images someone received at one time. Some of the frequencies are not even frequencies given the spacing for that frequency range.

I have often found that scanner frequency lists on travel or chamber of commerce type websites are full of errors. Some far worse than local Radio Shack lists often are. When I first started surfing the web I would put a fair amont of time in sending them corrections and found that the webmasters either didn't appreciate it or would feel that my knowledge was not as good as the locally provided information and would go on listing frequencies I knew were not valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.