On the Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcSchanz

Friends,

It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've been keeping up with the news.

Changing my beat out here in the Valley, moving to the Calexico bureau to cover City of Calexico and the border. It's fun, oh yes.

I have a few questions that you all may be able to help with:

1. I've been out here for a while, but I have yet to find ANY reliable frequencies for USBP, US Customs or Bureau of Land Management. Am I just not working this thing right?

2. I've got a Radio Shack PRO-95 and it's been pretty well so far, but I think I might need to reprogram some of the frequencies. I've seen a lot of posts here about frequencies in Imperial County changing, so that might be the problem.

3. Ever since I've been on the government beat, I haven't needed to keep up with the scanner. I'm finding that I need to be more on it now. So, any and all border frequencies that you all have, I'm all up for.

4. Speaking of that, does anyone know about Mexican frequencies. Specifically the Policia De Municipal out ere in Mexicali- I'd like to keep up with them too.

Thanks for the help and take care everyone,

Marc

pocho

Hi Marc. Well, I know that 166.5 is one of the Mexicali Police frequencies. I just found 166.175 a few hours ago, and I'm not sure, but I think it could be another Mexicali police freq. I don't know if there are any more, though. 166.5 is pretty busy. I don't know about the USBP freq's, or any other border frequencies. However, I do know that the Calexico PD is now on digital radio.

Hope this helps.

pocho 8)

PS: I'm Vanessa d.l.T's brother :lol:

2wayfreq

You will need a Pro-96 or an Astro Saber III VHF. This frequency-
166.9125 is pretty active (Santiago Peak?) and it covers a big area.
I think they teamed up with Homeland Security beacause not only do they tail Illegals, they are tailing Middle-Eastern targets as well (as you will hear).
Bear in mind, its encrypted about 70% of the time, but some of the agents seem to forget to flip that rocker switch to (/). You can tell what they are up too quite often. Have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.