Scanner Laws in grand caymen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
Are there any laws that prohibit the use of scanners in grand cayman? Also is there a publicly searchable database of LMR licenses for grand cayman [like FCC ULS]?

thanks,
Josh

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Many years ago when I was there I had no problem going anywhere with a hand held scanner. From my submission to Rickey Stein's "Monitor the World".All were in GeorgeTown
47.3000 Radio Station Studio Transmitter link
143.825 Telephone patch
154.400 HVAC repair
157.600 Taxi
164.500 ?
172.350 ?
172.500 ?
173.200 Phone company dispatch
173.300 Phone company secondary
173.400 Mobile Telephone
461.725 Snorkeling tours

If there is a radio shack try there. I had good luck at the one in the Barbadoes.

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input. Is there a searchable license database for Caymen [like ULS]?

gcr33

Going to Georgetown Grand Caymans in a bit. I loaded the trunking info into my scanner.
I don't know how accurate it is but I have a wild card.

Any updates would be appreciated,.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Going to Georgetown Grand Caymans in a bit. I loaded the trunking info into my scanner.
I don't know how accurate it is but I have a wild card.

Any updates would be appreciated,.
I was just there on a cruise last August. Info is pretty accurate. There are definitely more unidentified talkgroups than what's reflected on the RRDB. I didn't have much time to monitor, but I was able to ID a couple of new ones, which I submitted to the DB. I was even lucky enough to catch a boat chase on TG 36464. BTW, there's also lots of conventional stuff on VHF. I'm sure there's UHF stuff too, I just don't have any notes on that. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.