Bermuda Telecommunications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK!!

Telecommunications

Here is a link to Bermuda's version of what we would call the FCC. this is a search engine.

this here is the search engine to locate a station or frequency...
all registration numbers start with "DOT" for example DOT123456789

to view ALL the stations on the island simply type in DOT and the entire list will pop up (there is only about 60 stations in all) i suggest doing this.

you will also notice that not all searches display the exact frequency. they may just say VHF or UHF or give an allowed range the license holder is allowed to operate in (800-820). some also simply display some type of letter code to represent the frequency. (If you can crack this let me know!)

here is an example of a search result.

Registration Number: DOT401/004
Tower Location: Somerset Police Station.

N=LAT-32* 18'-10.3"
W=LON-64* 52'-01.5"

Parish: Sandys

Property/Equipment Owner: Bermuda Government.

Operator: Police Service.

Hgt-AGL: 100ft

Type: Self Supporting-Lattice.

Application: Police Communications.

Use: TX & RX

RF to Ant. 10W

Antenna Gain: Unity

Approximate ERP: 5W

Frequency Range or Exact Fc. 806-821MHz

Have Fun!

:)

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I am interested in what you found while there. I never have been there but have been many places in the Caribbean. I was going to speculate 800 trunking but used your search and it appears so. Under Georgetown police it comes up as 800 Trunking. So little published on these vacation spots.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Bermuda

I didn't have much time to scan i was busy running around and seeing as much as I could but here is what I did note.

162.400 Bermuda's weather channel causes alot of interference in the VHF band when trying to scan, im not sure if I was staying too close to it or just a common problem.

864.9875 is a control channel for another Mot-193F site on the island

865.0125 is a control channel for another Mot-5F26 site on the island

453.525 DCS125 too short of a transmission

172.100 pl186.2 "998 where are you?" im guessing a taxi/shuttle service

460.100 no PL. some type of either data exchange channel, or control channel for a trunking system.

ecps92

SysID 193F
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

SysID 5F26
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

PS this thread might have some usefull info , espec about the VHF output/input splits
http://forums.radioreference.com/caribbean-radio-discussion-forum/72688-bermuda-trs.html

I didn't have much time to scan i was busy running around and seeing as much as I could but here is what I did note.

162.400 Bermuda's weather channel causes alot of interference in the VHF band when trying to scan, im not sure if I was staying too close to it or just a common problem.

864.9875 is a control channel for another Mot-193F site on the island

865.0125 is a control channel for another Mot-5F26 site on the island

453.525 DCS125 too short of a transmission

172.100 pl186.2 "998 where are you?" im guessing a taxi/shuttle service

460.100 no PL. some type of either data exchange channel, or control channel for a trunking system.

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I was hoping you had seen the info on the two 800 MHz trunking systems. and Bill thanks for helping out when you can. I appretiate it.

ecps92

Sadly, most of us are on VACATION/HOLIDAY who have reported the info
and it's tough to get the local lay of the land in only a few days of monitoring.

Also add talkgroups for Mot-5F26

48016 Unknown Data
40960 Unknown
1648 Unknown

Alot of "unknown's" on the island unfortunately :-(

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2007 I went to Bermuda on my honeymoon and tucked my little Radio Shack PRO 79 in my bag hoping for some good listening. Well it was pretty much useless on the trip. I'd love to go back over there and listen with what I have now.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
Bermuda Wiki

way prior to the trip I searched google and came across some frequencies of the island, I posted all of it into the Wiki page for the country. I also submitted it over a month ago the same info which has not been updated to the database yet.

ecps92

Not speaking for the DB Admin's, but if you found them on the web, that is why they likely did not get entered.

The DB is for confirmed information. The Wiki is a mish-mosh or works in progress, channel plans and informative articles

way prior to the trip I searched google and came across some frequencies of the island, I posted all of it into the Wiki page for the country. I also submitted it over a month ago the same info which has not been updated to the database yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.