RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > CB Radio Forum

CB Radio Forum Discussions regarding Citizens Band Radio (CB)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 6:59 AM

Wink CB Clubs

I live in Ct and was wondering if there are any CB radio clubs around and what channel everyone uses.I have a mobile only...
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2010, 4:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Give CH19 a shot when you're near the highway. It's the national "information" channel but it's where 99% of trucker activity is across the majority of the country.
Kinetic SBS-1eR Uniden996T, RS Pro106, Pro-164, Pro-95
Old 07-30-2010, 4:16 PM

Oh I know that....I was just wondering if there were any clubs in this area
Old 07-31-2010, 12:13 AM

post in the state section of CT
Personal site:http://duluth-freqs.tech.officelive.com/
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Laurkar,

Theres an effort afoot in Connecticut to pull together a Connecticut CB Network (CCBN). The idea is that information gets passed from zip code area to zip code area by network operators (no real membership).

In this type of relay network an operator simply identifies themselves by using the last three numbers of their CT zip code (the first two are all 06) prefaced by CCBN and asks for a copy in a neighboring zip that gets the message closer to its target destination. All of the operators in a given zip share the same functional ID. For instance, I would say CCBN424 (thats my zip ID) any copy in 480 (Portland)? If an operator responses, I can hand off the message/information to them and it has just moved about seven miles west.

The goal is to breathe some life into the CT CB community, to allow CB neighbors to get to know each other a little better and to provide a potential low-tech communication network (albeit very lose) that could be useful in times of emergency. Networks like this are quite common in the very rural parts of this country and countries like Australia. They have their downsides, but contrary to vocal fans of more sophisticated radio networking protocols, they work pretty well.

Its not intended to be any kind of substitute for the wonderful work that amateur radio ops do for our communities, but it provides a much lower cost and much more inclusive (no licensure) communications option.

I monitor Chan. 25. If youre anywhere near the 06424 zip, call for a CCBN424 copy some evening and Id be happy to put you on the map. A website link is also in the works hopefully this fall.
Sponsored links
Old 07-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

any cb clubs in rockaway twp/dover in morris county nj
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 PM

and not the garden state cb club because you cant sing in or anything
Old 07-19-2011, 8:41 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco-p-c View Post
Laurkar,

Theres an effort afoot in Connecticut to pull together a Connecticut CB Network (CCBN). The idea is that information gets passed from zip code area to zip code area by network operators (no real membership).

In this type of relay network an operator simply identifies themselves by using the last three numbers of their CT zip code (the first two are all 06) prefaced by CCBN and asks for a copy in a neighboring zip that gets the message closer to its target destination. All of the operators in a given zip share the same functional ID. For instance, I would say CCBN424 (thats my zip ID) any copy in 480 (Portland)? If an operator responses, I can hand off the message/information to them and it has just moved about seven miles west.

The goal is to breathe some life into the CT CB community, to allow CB neighbors to get to know each other a little better and to provide a potential low-tech communication network (albeit very lose) that could be useful in times of emergency. Networks like this are quite common in the very rural parts of this country and countries like Australia. They have their downsides, but contrary to vocal fans of more sophisticated radio networking protocols, they work pretty well.

Its not intended to be any kind of substitute for the wonderful work that amateur radio ops do for our communities, but it provides a much lower cost and much more inclusive (no licensure) communications option.

I monitor Chan. 25. If youre anywhere near the 06424 zip, call for a CCBN424 copy some evening and Id be happy to put you on the map. A website link is also in the works hopefully this fall.
This is quite interesting...thanks for bringing it to the board!
Old 07-19-2011, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems540 View Post
any cb clubs in rockaway twp/dover in morris county nj
I don't know of any CB club here in this area, but I do monitor channels 8 and 22 when I'm driving. Unfortunately, all I hear lately is some morons out yelling "audio", talking smack, and playing music.
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 PM

I grew up in Trumbull and we had THE TRUMBULL CREW back in the late 70"s about 30 guys and girls Gosh the memorries
we even had a wistle we would all do we must have been a pain ...lol
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM

are there cb clubs in monmouth county
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM

that is monmouth county nj
Old 09-10-2011, 8:09 PM

Great Club

- American Eagle SSB CBers Club - CB Radio DXers dxing worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurkar2006 View Post
I live in Ct and was wondering if there are any CB radio clubs around and what channel everyone uses.I have a mobile only...
Old 08-06-2012, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco-p-c View Post
Laurkar,

Did this network ever get off the ground? I've never heard anyone passing messages in my neck of the woods (east of the CT river). What channel do you use to pass traffic? AM or SSB?
Old 08-06-2012, 9:42 AM

I'm in Northeastern CT and am interested in this.
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2012, 9:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default CB and GMRS

Hi I hope that maybe all of us who are on CB or GMRS which our Oklahoma County REACT team uses could start where you are. My CB handle was Green Honet and I am glad to see that CB is not a thing of the past.
Old 08-12-2012, 4:59 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I run a radio club myself, though it's new and not quite known yet. But being in the state of Wisconsin I'm not sure if it would be of any help to you. But if you are interested I can try to post a link sometime.
Old 11-03-2012, 9:49 AM

I live in Northeast CT and would love to start a cb club.Anyone interested please pm me. Lets see if we cant get a club going!!
Old 11-03-2012, 8:29 PM

Sorry I meant email not pm. psd121363@yahoo.com
i am laso interested in the CCBN
Old 11-04-2012, 7:46 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat012 View Post
I second what Bearcat012 said... but I am biased because I run the American Eagle SSB CBers Club based out of the Worcester, Massachusetts area.

American Eagle SSB CBers Club

- Eric Extreme aka 2 American Eagle 813
Director of Operations
American Eagle SSB CBers Club.