RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > CB Radio Forum

CB Radio Forum Discussions regarding Citizens Band Radio (CB)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 6:03 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Cool Ham Bait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3HY View Post
You can tell by some of the comments, that it's about trying to bait hams into an argument.
Maybe someone failed the test and has a few anger issues.
I don't recall this being on the General Examination.
Kenwood TS-430S

Two antennas met on a rooftop--, The wedding was O.K., but the reception was great!
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2012, 10:30 PM

Thank God they banned this loser.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz0468
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3HY View Post
He's got about a half dozen topics started and basically about trolling for hams to argue with.
Eventually the moderators will get tired of moving his topics to the tavern area.
Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for him to get banned?
For the greater good? Not sure why it was only a Temporary Ban. This guy really seems like a juvinile who has a hard on for the ham community. He also make less sense than a snowflake in August.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:14 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I will also wager he is a Vhf+ only operator... Except for his 5w CB stuff
Old 02-23-2012, 8:39 AM

You're right...nobody cares as long as you don't interfere with any other service. The problem with servicing a cb is that they are 'type accepted' meaning that they meet certain tech. requirements. As far as the radiotelephone license...that requirement was because of the 'type acceptance' certification. Any 'certified' service person (certified by manufacturer) would meet the same standards required by law. I am a ham operator and a cber. Truth be told a large percentage of ham ops started out as cbers. My emergency station includes a cb and FRS/GMRS because not everyone in an emergency is a ham but there are a lot of cb's and FRS/GMRS radios out there. I work on all of my radios, but if a signal alignment is needed I go the the local cb shop..he has the equipment. He is probably not certified but 30 years of service experience counts for more to me than a piece of paper.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post

For the greater good? Not sure why it was only a Temporary Ban. This guy really seems like a juvinile who has a hard on for the ham community. He also make less sense than a snowflake in August.
RR doesn't have a timeout chair for little children, so a temporary ban for our widdle CB'er is the next best thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 2:59 PM

Don't usually comment on events such as this but I have to say that I disliked the badmouthing that went on in a few posts back about someone who had passed away some years earlier, with the full knowledge of the person's passing by the person doing the badmouthing.... not good at all... I also recently read a new post by a new member that seems to have a familiar writing style...or maybe I'm just suspicious..... CB, Amateur, GMRS, MURS...it's all good!
Old 02-23-2012, 6:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Cool Just been thinking...

...about all the issues and discussions I've encountered on the "bands" over the years. It all boils down to silly arguments over who has the best toys. Really, I mean, really. Toys, wired into the Children's Band radios, beefed by "bricks," run by a bunch of lound-mouthed Pirates, who don't know the real issue of talk back, also are from the same culture that has taught them to not listen. They wouldn't know the difference in a PTT from an RTL. The difference of two way and full duplex communication. Same "children" graduate to Hamdom, to cause some of the same problems as they did on eleven meters. The Immature radio society is to whom they belong. Then here, they find their way to RR, and do the same thing.

You guys have gotta be smart! How? They haven't learned how to do it themselves! Some of these guy buy their way through life, paying someone else to peak and toon, and beef up what they think they need, to feel power, and control. We have power, too. We know how to attenuate their signal, raise the squelch floor, swing the antenna out of phase, and change channels, bands, modes, and turn down the volume. They can't make us listen, especially if they don't have our attention.

Time to ignore the Radio Pirates on the Children's Band, and to ex-communicate the Immature Radio Opera-ators! Let them listen to us, for a change. They will have to strain to hear, search for signals. Make them work for their booty! Be smart operators, and do not let them succeed!

I am Road Ranger, hear me roar. ARRR!
Kenwood TS-430S

Two antennas met on a rooftop--, The wedding was O.K., but the reception was great!