• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Connex CX-366CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Looking for source for a service manual or schmatic diagram for the Connex CX-366CE CB.
This uses the Ranger EPT069611A circuit board.

Did find on CBtricks.com that the Galaxy DX939 uses the same board. Has a nice printout
of the parts layout which is quite similar to the Connex CB.

Thanks for any help.

Bill

PS: One internet source said this radio is made by Connex Electronics with address in
Freemont, Calif. Called them and they said they don't make this radio,though they do
get a fair amount of inquiry calls like mine.

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Update Connex XX-366CE

Anyone have the address, mail or e-mail for this manufacturer. Very difficult to get any
information on this brand.

Bill

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are tons of reference to your export cb on google, so check there. You may not be finding lots of info on it since it's illegal to use in the USA with out a ham license to begin with, but I'm sure you know this. ;)

n9zas

MBill

Premium Subscriber
CX-366CE

gewecke,

Thanks for the input. I have browsed Goggle, but most of the information is just dealers who
sell the radio describing its features, etc. No service manual or schematic diagram, not even
manufacturer's address info. Though appears to be made in Taiwan.
The CX-366CE does have an FCC type acceptance tag on the back of the radio, which would
seem to indicate it is approved. One dealer site says it is a legal CB for use the USA.
I also found, according to a CB mag, that you can go to the FCC.gov site and type in an
FCC ID and it will give you the FCC test report on that particular model, along with schematics
and alignment instructions. I have yet to confirm that. Hopefully that may be the answer to my
original inquiry, if the CX-366CE was submitted to the FCC for testing.
Any corrections\updates will be appreciated.

MBill

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It has a variable rf power control on the front panel, correct? The one I looked at on google did. If so then it's NOT legal as a cb in the U.S.
It may be type accepted as a ham rig but NOT as a cb if it has the "dial-a-watt" feature on the front panel. ;)

If this is your radio, then it's NOT legal in the U.S. See the RF POWER adjust?

Connex CX 366CE Night Runner 40CH CB Radio Very Loud | eBay

n9zas

MBill

Premium Subscriber
gewecke,

Nope. Don't own one. Just trying to get technical data as a favor for an interested party.
As far as the radio being legal in USA, I was able to get the FCC ID info off the back of
CX-366CE from one who has one. Taking that info went to the FCC site OET-FCC ID search
by typing in fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/ and plugged in the ID which is M38-TR-396. Copy of the original
draft under Grant notes says "69RF". "RF" comments says, "Meets the requirements applicable
to Citizen Band Radio Service equipment operating on up to 40 channels....." So, I would assume
from that that the radio is legal here, even with the adjustable power knob.
Anyway found some other info that will help getting technical data on this radio.
Thanks gewecke for your willingness to respond to my original inquiry.

MBill

bragucci

MBill

Don't let the nay sayers scare you off. It is fine to use this radio, I own 2 and know others who also own them, nothing illegal here. These are just radios, anything in moderation is ok :) Enjoy the radio !

XTS3000

It has a variable rf power control on the front panel, correct? The one I looked at on google did. If so then it's NOT legal as a cb in the U.S.
It may be type accepted as a ham rig but NOT as a cb if it has the "dial-a-watt" feature on the front panel. ;)

If this is your radio, then it's NOT legal in the U.S. See the RF POWER adjust?

Connex CX 366CE Night Runner 40CH CB Radio Very Loud | eBay

n9zas

Your so wrong it's painful to read your post. It seems when you don't understand something about a product, then it must be illegal.

Just because the radio has a RF power adjustment doesn't make it illegal! Portable CB's have high/low power adjustments on most. So are they illegal?

The connex in question is 100% legal to use in the USA, certified by the FCC.

Before accusing someone here of illegal practices, do a simple FCC ID lookup first. That way you don't look like a "know it all" who knows nothing.

FYI, the RF power control allows the user to REDUCE power below the legal limit. What's illegal about running less than legal power? NOTHING!

XTS3000

There are tons of reference to your export cb on google, so check there. You may not be finding lots of info on it since it's illegal to use in the USA with out a ham license to begin with, but I'm sure you know this. ;)

n9zas

Sounds like you need some education on CB's. Here you go....

For Connex radios, if the model number of the radio has 4 numbers (i.e. CX3300), it's an export radio illegal to use in the USA. If the model number of the radio has 3 numbers (i.e. CX-336), then it's a legal FCC certified radio.

Now for Galaxy radios, if the model number has 2 numbers in the model number, it's an export radio and illegal to use in the USA. These export radio include, but not limited to, DX33HL, 98VHP, etc. If the model number of the radio has 3 numbers in the model, it's a FCC certified radio, legal to use in the USA. Some of these LEGAL Galaxy radios would include, but not limited to, 919, 929, 949, 959, etc.

Maybe a little less posting, and more time reading and researching is in order before you post INCORRECT information.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You may not be finding lots of info on it since it's illegal to use in the USA with out a ham license to begin with, but I'm sure you know this. ;)
Then why bother telling him? No one likes the radio poh-poh. Lets try to create a more positive environment with helpful info and less lecture. And the site rules favor this too.

k3cfc

Silent Key
Then why bother telling him? No one likes the radio poh-poh. Lets try to create a more positive environment with helpful info and less lecture. And the site rules favor this too.

Seems like the radio police are working overtime. the op was just asking for some info and we don't need to be reminded what is and is not legal.

K3CFC

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
And why not? I don't think this forum and any others should be supporting illegal use of radio equipment.

com501

And why not? I don't think this forum and any others should be supporting illegal use of radio equipment.

Which brings up an interesting if off topic question. Why would anyone assume that the OP is even in the USA, where this rule would apply?:p

bragucci

it's all good

he isn't doing anything illegal. The radio is legal for him to use. I run a connex 3300, peaked and tuned. Puts out 50w and I gots all them dar extree channels. Been running it for yrs, no one bothers me. I tell anyone as long as you don't go crazy and run 1000w splattering neighbors televisions you will have no problems. The peeps saying this or that is illegal are ham radio operators. They 'think' they are frequency police but they are just guys who memorized the answers to 50 questions and got a ham ticket. These same hams are the ones who also think they are emergency responders and run around with flashing lights on their cars, whackers I think they are called. People get a life! this is a radio hobby, anything in moderation is acceptable. Keep your power under 100w, at least try to stay in the legal 40 channels and no one will bother you. As for you whacker hams who post on the CB forum telling us whats illegal, I say if you don't like what we do then stay in the ham forums, or go outside and test your strobe lights for when that big emergency comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.