• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Siltronix 1011c & Turner mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMojave

Hello Nitroturbo4U: Wow that's another older radio, but they played pretty well in its day.

Here is the CB Tricks info on the Silly 1011C:
Siltronix Model 1011C

I would think the Turner SK Mic would work ok on the rig. The diagram shows a 1/4 inch stereo plug for the mic on the diagram. Shield goes to the body of the connector, the audio / mic wire goes to the first inner ring, the PTT that switches ground for the PTT function is wired to the end ring of the connector.

These rigs had a reputation for drifting a little so let it warm up a few minutes.

Good Luck, let us know how you made out with it. I have a General Radiotelephone SB72, that is a old 1963 CB, SSB & AM radio, that I would like to get going.

Jay in the Mojave

sphipps

Should be fine. All of those old Turner amplified mic models work great with just about everything. I run a Turner +3 on all of my tube CB rigs.

Be VERY careful operating that 1011C. They are dangerous rigs with extreme high voltage levels in the transmit circuit. More than one person has had a "near death" experience after getting "stung" by one of them. I keep mine around mostly as a conversation piece and it just looks flat out "cool" on the shelf... but I'd never use it on a routine basis.

Last edited:

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Rather than starting a new thread I may as well use this one since it's on the same subject.

I've got a working Siltronix 1011D and I'm having a difficulty figure out the microphone wiring. Evidently someone has put a non-stock wire on this non amplified D-104.

There are only three wires so I should be able to figure this out right? I'm not too sure about that, My non amplified D-104 has a shield, Black and White wire. I connected the shield to the common ground terminal on the microphone. I connected the Black to the tip and the White to the middle. When I plug it in it will modulate on sideband but it cut out the receive audio. I reversed the Black and White wires and it does the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

The link below shows the wiring layout in the bottom of the microphone.
004_zps716c026b.jpg Photo by cutacroshorty | Photobucket

JayMojave

Hello comoman: See:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/siltronix/model_1011d/graphics/siltronix_1011d_om_sch.jpg

J1401 Mic Plug is in the lower RH Corner of the diagram. Suggest you get the Mic's wiring diagram and go from there. The Mic connector a 3 terminal 1/4 Stereo Plug, the Mic shield and PTT ground go to the shell or body of the connector, White if that's the inside of the shield wire, goes to the middle, and the PTT key wire to the end or tip of the connector. Good luck.

Jay in the Mojave

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Hello comoman: See:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/siltronix/model_1011d/graphics/siltronix_1011d_om_sch.jpg

J1401 Mic Plug is in the lower RH Corner of the diagram. Suggest you get the Mic's wiring diagram and go from there. The Mic connector a 3 terminal 1/4 Stereo Plug, the Mic shield and PTT ground go to the shell or body of the connector, White if that's the inside of the shield wire, goes to the middle, and the PTT key wire to the end or tip of the connector. Good luck.

Jay in the Mojave

So in other words the cord should be 3 wires and a shield correct? The microphone cord that's on the microphone now only has 2 wires and a shield. Looks like I need to put a new cord on it.

JayMojave

Hello Comoman: What you need to do is verify continuity between the shield wire and black wire.

It should be open or no resistance between the shield and black wire, and have continuity when the Mic PTT switch or key is pressed. This will allow the PTT relay to operate. The Mic wire, inside the shield wire will be the audio input to the middle connection.

Also the Bandswitch appears to be full clockwise to allow the PTT ground to reach the PTT relay. the relay should be able to be heard when the PTT Mic switch is pressed. Good luck,

Jay in the Mojave.

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Hello Comoman: What you need to do is verify continuity between the shield wire and black wire.

It should be open or no resistance between the shield and black wire, and have continuity when the Mic PTT switch or key is pressed. This will allow the PTT relay to operate. The Mic wire, inside the shield wire will be the audio input to the middle connection.

Also the Bandswitch appears to be full clockwise to allow the PTT ground to reach the PTT relay. the relay should be able to be heard when the PTT Mic switch is pressed. Good luck,

Jay in the Mojave.

With the sleeve is off of the 1/4" plug the shield and the black as well as the white wire has continuity with the shield (no resistance). That's what has be puzzled. I had the band selector full clockwise when I did the test. It modulates great but is still cutting out the receive audio when I plug the microphone in. I've made sure there are no wires touching but the continuity with the shield and both wire is a bit confusing. This even continuity between the white and the black wire on the plug.

I think the Astatic D-104 DuKane 7C40 microphone base is wired wrong. I just don't know what to do to get it right.

JayMojave

Hello Comoman: Ok sorry I am out of things to check. But the Mic showing continuity from the shield and black wire, will mean the radio will key up in transmit when the mic is plugged in. You should only have continuity between the shield and black wire is when the Mic PTT Switch is keyed.

Jay in the Mojave Desert

comoman

Premium Subscriber
I just realized I high jacked a thread about Tuner microphones not D-104's. Sorry about that.

kc2kth

Not a bad hijack really. I had a D104 Black Beauty on my 1011D and it really wasn't impressive in the opinion of those hearing me. I traded for a Turner +3B and it was night and day. Fantastic match was all I heard after that. I miss that mic. And that radio. And my GE Superbase.

comoman

Premium Subscriber
I was able to wire an amplified D104 to the Siltronix 1011D. Everyone I talked to on 38 LSB said it sounded great. I just finished reading a few recommendations for microphone for that radio and it said that an amplified microphone of any kind would not work well because of the high impendence requirement of the Siltronix 101D. I don't understand all of that but if it works and sounds good I guess that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.