• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Decided to dig my GE 3-5875A out of the closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

comoman

Premium Subscriber
I've had this GE base radio for a long time and almost forgot that I had it. I don't have a working microphone for it and that's probably why I put it away. The stock mic. isn't working either. I have an old Tuner Plus 2 base mic. that's working on another radio but isn't wired for the GE base. Does anyone have the wiring schematic for a Turner +2 to a GE 3-5875A?

Any help will be appreciated.

k8krh

Try CB TRICKS it is on the web

General Electric 3-5875A (Superbase)
Documentation Project
CBTricks.com

TIPS:
You need to have Acrobat Reader version 5 or newer installed to view the files with icon.

If the files with or icon will not display see the Site FAQ for help on printing, viewing and using this information.

Click On Picture to see close-up

Diagrams
Schematic Diagram Page 1
Schematic Diagram Page 2

Mic Wiring

Stock
1- Audio
2- Shield
3- Receive
4- Transmit

Astatic (4 wire)
1- White
2- Shield
3- Black
4- Red

Astatic (6 wire)
1- White
2- Shield & Blue
3- Black
4- Red
Yellow NC

Daiwa EM-500
Cobra CA Series
1- Red
2- Shield & Black
3- Blue
4- White

Galaxy DC-521S (4 wire)
1- Yellow
2- Shield
3- Black
4- Red

Galaxy CB-660EI
1- White
2- Shield & Black
3- Blue
4- Red

Sadelta
1- White
2- Shield
3- Green
4- Brown

Turner
1- White
2- Shield & Red
3- Black
4- Blue
Yellow NC

It might help, if so try channel 16 SATURDAYS lsb, 6 to 10 ...pm

DOCTOR/795

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Try CB TRICKS it is on the web

General Electric 3-5875A (Superbase)
Documentation Project
CBTricks.com

DOCTOR/795

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to know the SAM'S PHOTOFACTS # for the GE 3-5875A SuperBase?

k8krh

SAMs Photofact CB Radio Index
It is photofact 234, but it will cost you 3.99 to download it, all I could find for you.

I might have a better answer in a day, from a few guys...hold on

DOCTOR/795

Last edited:

k8krh

WIRING
Pin 1 - White
Pin 2 - Shield
Pin 3 - Red
Pin 4 - Black

Set switch in base to Electronic. (to the rear of the microphone)

Let us know if this was successful

DOCTOR/795

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Just another GE 3-5875A but I thought I would show it off anyhow. I forgot to re-set the clock.

comoman

Premium Subscriber
Nice station , 73's ... 1137 Southern Ontario

Thanks! I've got several old CB base and mobile radios. I really need to sell a lot of them. I can only talk on one at a time anyhow.

I've got an old SIltronix 1011D and a Siltronix LA-600 amp (still does 550 watts). I bought the radio brand new and it still works like it did 30 years ago. I don't use them much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.