• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Offensive CB Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

I just had a thought cross my head regarding CB products branded with the Southern Cross. I leave it at that and not go any further for the mods. Either you know what I'm talking about or look it up.

Over the past 45 years I've been in and out of CB/repair, it's been a common motif on CB chassis, amps, faceplates, adhesive stickers, accessories invoking the rebel aspects of CB. There is now more and more venues that forbid it from Ebay to Amazon. I don't doubt that soon swapmeets and other fleamarket types are going to ban anything with it on it too.

Both CB and the "Cross" have an entwined history since truckers adopted CB. So what happens now to all this stuff both new and used. Last truckstop I was at had several new CB's with the frontplate or cases, as do catalogs and websites. Will all these products be either liquidated, prohibited from resale, or called back by the manufacture due to it now being proclaimed a hate symbol?

I'm not taking any position pro or con on the subject except just noticing the prevalence specific to CB and what future ramifications these products bearing this symbol will have.

rapidcharger

Well I tried to make Google my friend but this topic was literally one of the first results. I couldn't find any cb radios with any potentially offensive insignia on the web and never saw one in person.
The companies that announced they were going to ban rebel flag products did so at their own free will. There was no legislative ban that required them to do so.

eBay and amaz are huge mega companies and they have a much broader customer base than just racists. They also get a lot of mileage out of a press release. I'm sure the swap meets will be business as usual.

JoeyC

What kind of a miserable life does one have that worries about corporate branding and logos?

Exactly..People with too much time on their hands..

And politicians that pander..

Attachments

• confederate-flag-clinton-gore-button.jpg
    confederate-flag-clinton-gore-button.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,126

SpectrumAnalyzer

Previously Banned Member
Banned
Not that I really care but I'm quite sure there are other members here in CB Land that are wondering why this obvious troll comment is still polluting the CB subforum & not festering in the "Rant" subforum of the Tavern where cyber fishwrap akin to this belongs, bye bye bye.

willtorres918

I'm offended by this post

I used to own a General Lee. Wow, I did not know my (CB) radio was an instrument of hate. What should I do? I feel dirty inside now. Once we get all this flag and all other alleged hate symbols out of the way, what are we going to be offended by next? What else should be banned? I vote KFC next. KFC is responsible for more than half of my clothes shrinking around my waist and being discarded. It's been going on for way to long now and I'm offended by it. Sorry, just fooling around guys, LOL!!

Curious,You referring to the thread starter?

General Lee..

I built one( model) a couple yrs back,they dont even put the stars n bars on the roof of the package illustration....WTF...
Im a Dammed yankee,,Way north of the Mason-Dixon..I think the Colonels Southern Bo-Tie is oppressing me..But That chik'n
is so good..

Guess the duke boys are not politically correct..Opps,,is that a micro-aggression?...Im so confused...

Last edited:

willtorres918

HAHA!! Nice work fourthhorseman. I tried to build that model when I was 12. It was a disaster. I don't remember the package much, I believe it had the flags on it. But anyways, If Georgia born Kanye West sees nothing wrong with the Confederate flag then why should anyone else? His line of clothing has the flag all over it in an attempt to keep the flag alive and reclaim it from racism. Kanye has spoken and the flag is good. LOL!! Ok I'm drifting off topic. I'm done. Have a beautiful day everyone.

Attachments

• article-0-1927864900000578-898_634x731.jpg
    article-0-1927864900000578-898_634x731.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 958

gerowen

If some mouth breather gets offended by the rebel flag on a CB radio, they've got two options.

1) Don't buy it
2) Put a different faceplate/sticker on it.

Last edited:

Dawn

So, the OP is a troll and concurred with other posters.

Interesting. I'm one of the few members that have tried to keep a technical and professional aspect to this board despite the myrids of drive bys asking the same idiotic questions that can easily be answered by a quick search. If this is what the board wants with a level of abject ignorance, that's fine with me. I'm not going to let the door hit me in the ***. Let the ignorance reign supreme and let the blind continue to lead the blind. Maybe Snake needs to lead this board and the minions that follow the old canards of golden screwdriver work. Troll no more.
QRT.

mancow

Database Admin
Nah, we're just getting tired of those whose hobby is trolling for coveted victim status. The table is slowly spinning. Simple as that.

So,I ponder, Lil Darlin,
What part of this aesthetic aspect deems it to be -Technical-

Your professionalism is questionable.

If the majority opinion is to each their own and freedom of speech is
indeed there to protect those who would be harassed by some for
daring to offend someone..

I have no ill feelings regarding the stars and bars. I do not feel its a icon
of hate. Rather an icon that some that are hateful adopted.

Hitler adopted the swastika though it was around some 5000 years before the Nazi's..

Should all these other cultures disavow their heritage because of a small slice of
society.

You chose to engage in this debate,now your sour because we chose not to share
your opinion. So we are now labeled. If you do not like the freedom to express yourself.
Than chose not to.Your also free to do that. But we are free to disagree. And it does
indeed seem that your opinion is not shared.

Attachments

• 200493buddha_with_swastika.jpg
    200493buddha_with_swastika.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 502
  • different Swastika.png
    different Swastika.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 567

peterwo2e

kanye is the worse person to use as an example. of the top most stupid entertainers this guy has to be at the top. i'm sure kanye never understood or knows what is that flag he carries in his coat means. i hear he is still traying to figure out who put those little holes in the condom.

Status
Not open for further replies.