• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Radio Comes Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I'm getting back in for the first time since 1992. Fed-Ex is supposed to deliver between 8 & 10:15. I bought a Lescomm LC998v200 which is a souped up Galaxy. I believe it'll reach out & touch somebody!

TheSpaceMann

I'm getting back in for the first time since 1992. Fed-Ex is supposed to deliver between 8 & 10:15. I bought a Lescomm LC998v200 which is a souped up Galaxy. I believe it'll reach out & touch somebody!
Nice! What are you using for an antenna?

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
The Astro Plane was most certainly a great antenna. Just 20 feet off the ground that thing would rock. Get up about 60 foot and it was hard to beat for sure...

sloop

prcguy is correct about the antenna. Definition of a vertical antenna, "an antenna that radiates equally poor in all directions." The antenna is the key to any station. I have worked Europe on 5 watts! Since what you have is a converted 10 meter ham radio look for 10 meter ham antennas (beams if possible). You only need power when you don't have a good antenna. BTW, I never run more than 90 watts on my Icom and I can talk to anyone that I can hear. Congrats. on your new radio.

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
That should be one rocking radio for sure. I run a converted Galaxy DX33Hp2 in my truck, Keying L2 M4 H10 and all swinging to 50. Mainly run 11meter ch. 19 but do some freebanding on occasion as well.
Enjoy the new purchase!!

zzdiesel

Thank you, Southern_Thunder for the kind words.

The reason I bought this short antenna was the ease of installing and it being no tune. I did buy a 300 watt 945E HF Antenna Tuner antenna matcher just in case. I had the leg amputation a couple of years back & must depend on others to put it up for me. In the good ole CB days 25 guys would be running over each other to help.

I did have an Astro Plane one time back in the mid 80's & it was hard to beat. We had a local guy who was tongue tied & he had one too. He said his antenna was an A_sshole Plane. We all laughed till it hurt.

Last edited:

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
LMAO, now thats funny.... Yep back in the day they would have antenna raisings kinda like a Amish barn raising..I'm glad to see the CB hobby still lives in some of us..

CyberWarrior

Every antenna raising I ever went to,the guys would get a case of beer and we would get to work.

Funny thing is,All the antennas that we ever put up while blasted stayed up.

The few we did put up sober,would come down at the first storm! LOL

TheSpaceMann

Every antenna raising I ever went to,the guys would get a case of beer and we would get to work.

Funny thing is,All the antennas that we ever put up while blasted stayed up.

The few we did put up sober,would come down at the first storm! LOL
My uncle put up a Super Magnum antenna in 1967. Stayed on the roof and still worked for 35 years!! ;)

SouthernRoller

Premium Subscriber
That antenna is much like the Solarcon/ Antron A-99. They have been a favorite with the CB world for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.