RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > CB Radio Forum

CB Radio Forum - Discussions regarding Citizens Band Radio (CB)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 PM

AM

And I've never had an issue.

A South Carolina station heard my radio and I thought it was a local and he asked my 20 only to find out we were Dx.

He at one point thought I was on another channel and bleeding over but I'm thinking it was the TX issue I described by other locals.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited by stlouisx50; 12-07-2017 at 10:22 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2017, 11:44 PM

yeah, I don't know. Hard to troubleshoot something like that over the internet.

Checking the mic to make sure it's not damaged, damaged cord, etc. Try wiggling every cord/connector, etc and see if it changes.

Check your mic gain settings. Make sure it's not a dirty pot. Try turning it full travel back and forth a few times.

Could be any number of things, and it's hard to tell without hearing it.
Old 12-08-2017, 1:18 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Get a bigger power supply. Then take down the antenna! At the antenna end of the coax cable put a watt meter and for the antenna a dummy load. Have your wife key the transmit and see your actual power out to the antenna! This will show also if the coax is bad etc.. You don`t have much loss per 100 feet for you RG213 coax at 27 Mhz.. As for your connectors you need to solder the center holes to the connector and shield of the coax. I know you crimped it.. But the connector will heat up if your grounds are not correct at aprox 80 watts! Once you get the pwr supply and coax fixed? Re-attach the antenna and see how you do?

I would pop a 32 amp alinco power supply on it and be done!

Atech
Old 12-08-2017, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atech View Post
Get a bigger power supply. Then take down the antenna! At the antenna end of the coax cable put a watt meter and for the antenna a dummy load. Have your wife key the transmit and see your actual power out to the antenna! This will show also if the coax is bad etc.. You don`t have much loss per 100 feet for you RG213 coax at 27 Mhz.. As for your connectors you need to solder the center holes to the connector and shield of the coax. I know you crimped it.. But the connector will heat up if your grounds are not correct at aprox 80 watts! Once you get the pwr supply and coax fixed? Re-attach the antenna and see how you do?

I would pop a 32 amp alinco power supply on it and be done!

Atech
Thanks atech, very good idea. I'll see if I can find a watt meter around and do just that. As for the connectors on the coax. We fixed those properly the other day. Soldered the ground and center pin.

I should say the wife did. She did an amazing job at it. Per the videos I have seen it takes an art to solder and she did it her first time after watching a few videos perfectly.

The amp should arrive it says the 12 to the 14th so we will see.

Thanks for the tips.

Stlouisx50

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk