Citywide Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Can anyone give me a description of what each Citywide Channels purpose is? I listen when I am out there and never really thought about what I was listening to and which channel it was on. I have heard stuff like traffic stops on the Skyway and I believe that was Ch.1. Heard some crazy stuff about calling in the coroner to the crime scene. Seems like it was always on the same Citywide Channel. Also have heard the officer calling in their deposition after the detail was over with. They seem to always call for a photographer to take pictures of a crime scene on a certain channel too. Just kind of looking for the meaning of each individual channel.

cubn

Database Admin
Here's a list (scroll down on the page) of the citywide channels usages. Citywide 5 and 6 and often used for events. Someone who monitors on a regular basis can fill you in more than I can about their specific usages.

ffemtbland

maybe listening on new years eve isn't the best way to understand the citydwide frequencies. seems like the occasional multi-zone announcement, interspersed with "data" type comms (license plate checks,etc) and what seems to me some normal dispatch comms. I'm more confused now about these frequencies. hmm. will keep listening.

oemctx4

There are so many on going changes to the citywide with all the console replacement going on during late 2012 thru 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.