Chicago protest last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

Monitoring Chicago police from Buffalo Grove just within Lake county side loud and clear as a bell. My antenna, RadioShack® Outdoor Scanner/Ham Discone Antenna Catalog #: 2000043 is set up in my attic and picking up both Chicago police and fire. I have read many articles, here on Radio Reference that this isn't possible for us far out neighbors. Also the 352p2 is doing well on picking up Chicago public safety here in Buffalo Grove in Lake county as well. I have read many posts that this is impossible but is very possible as proven. Enjoy!!!!!!

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
CPD has Good coverage its not that hard. I can get it on my Motorola XTS5000 in Central lake county in the house

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I always get them north of Schaumburg area. Last night they moved most the traffic to Citywide 6. All the ISP Chicago talkgroups were busy on Starcom21 too. I just hang a RS800 mhz antenna in the window or use the Diamond RH77CA. Some zones come in better than others. The RS800mhz gets 470.000 in really well.

rhalld38

I wish I could pick up Chicago PD here in Rockford but the only way that happens if the wind is blowing just right. But I listened to the protest on the online scanner provided here on this website.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring Chicago police from Buffalo Grove just within Lake county side loud and clear as a bell. My antenna, RadioShack® Outdoor Scanner/Ham Discone Antenna Catalog #: 2000043 is set up in my attic and picking up both Chicago police and fire. I have read many articles, here on Radio Reference that this isn't possible for us far out neighbors. Also the 352p2 is doing well on picking up Chicago public safety here in Buffalo Grove in Lake county as well. I have read many posts that this is impossible but is very possible as proven. Enjoy!!!!!!
Ops who say it cannot be done prob don't have experience with good antennas. I use an external antenna (not a disc cone though, wish it were, did not know any better back then) and I pick up tons of signals from very distant locales. glad you are able to copy all those stations.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
JPM, I am also in BG and I have no issues picking CPD with my BCD 396T, Kenwood TH-F6A or BC-780XLT with just attached antenna I have a discone on the garage roof I use for Ham work and love it. I do have issues with the CFD P25 system if I don't use either the 800MHZ or the discone. But my main interest is CPD when it comes down to it. My girlfriend had a 780XLT that I gave her. She lives out in Lake Barrington and it pulls in the CPD quite well on a stock antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.