WW1USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I saw it spotted on the DX cluster, but I could not hear the station.

KC0KM

I saw it spotted on the DX cluster, but I could not hear the station.

I think it depended on what band you where on. We where working remote, so while we where set up there, the transmitters/antennas where all over. I woked about two hours, I first did a little logging on 20 M, then tried my hand at PSK31, but I am rusty (I have only did it during Field Day). I then helped out on 40 M, where I was logging and "coaching" the operator. He was a fairly new Tech, but was pretty good at calling. At one time he asked if I had any comments, and I told him to go faster in between calls, I ended up just circling my hand, to tell him to go. I was logging with both hands at some points, writing with my right while logging with my left on the computer. Over all it was fun. There will be four more next year, our club will be doing the one in September.

KC0KM

Next WW1USA

The next WW1USA event will be Feb 7-8. This is being hosted by the WW1USA itself, as no other club stepped up to take it. The site will be done by remote, which was the way it was done last time, and it worked out fairly well. If you plan on visting they will be located to the right of the mainb entrance, right infront of the restrooms.

KC0KM

This last one went fairly well, from what I heard. As of last night, they had made over a 1000 QSO's. I operated on 15M for about an hour. I had taken my own headphones with me, so I was fairly comfortable when I was calling. The only downside was I got all the way home, only to remember that I left my coat -- along with my keys (my father was with me and he drove), down there. So I had to drive back down there (with my extra set of keys), only to find that the Memorial was now locked up, and no way to either get in, or contact security. After awhile I gave up, and drove home. I was later able to get a hold of one of the directors, and they set my coat back behind by the radios. I went down this morning to get my coat, and stayed for about an hour, did some operating (made 1 contact), and then had to get home. There will be a three more of these events, check the website for more infomation. I do not know if I will make the next one, but the one in Sept I will work again. 73.

KC5AKB

Will have to look for them next time . We had a qso and learned some
About the event . We were a guest op at K1A Memorial Day Station
And one of our contacts was telling us all about the WW1USA event
Sounds nice so I will be looking for them on the bands.
Keep up the good work WW1USA

KC0KM

This weekend 9/12-13/15 WW1USA will be operating. We will start Saturday at 1000 CDT and run until 1700 Sunday. We will have at least two modes, Phone and CW. The event is being hosted by the Raytown ARC, and the "topic" will be Trench Warfare. Hope to hear you on the air.

KC0KM

Here is one of the photos I took at WW1USA. The National WW1 Museum is located at Liberty Memorial, in Kansas City, MO. In 1923 the people of Kansas City raised $2 Million in just ten days. The Memorial was dedicated in 1923, and in 2006 became the National WW 1 Museum, and is the only one in the USA solely dedicated to the Great War. I will post more later, for some reason it would only allow one at this time.

Attachments

• WW1USA 14.jpg
    WW1USA 14.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 250

KC0KM

Here are two more of some of the operations at WW1USA. The first one is myself and my father, the second one is our club president and club secretary.

Attachments

• WW1USA 18.jpg
    WW1USA 18.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 241
  • WW1USA 03.jpg
    WW1USA 03.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 246

KC0KM

The next WW1USA event will be December 12-13. We will be operating via remote (which is much better than being outside). Please look us up. I have included a poster that I came up with.

Attachments

• WW1usa promo 3b.jpg
    WW1usa promo 3b.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.