I-25 closed southbound at highway 66 by Longmont

Status
Not open for further replies.

montanadiesel

They are shutting down traffic southbound I-25, and diverting traffic east on highway 66. Also going to have fire rescue to go back north on the southbound I-25 lanes, since they are unable to get to the accident from the other direction. Sounds like a tractor trailer, and a couple of SUV's. But the traffic has been shut down for about 15 minutes, while they bring in enough state, county, and local police to help direct traffic.

montanadiesel

From CDOT page

I-25 Ft. Collins
Existing Conditions: (wet)(sno)(icy spts)(snpk spts)
Restrictions in Place: Closed: S/B at SH 66 (mm 243), accident, delays
Comments: Closed: S/B at SH 66 (mm 243), accident, delays

montanadiesel

It sounds like this accident involved two semi's, instead of my earlier post. Also hearing they are close to opening at least one lane up here in a couple of minutes.

montanadiesel

Looks like they are getting ready to open up southbound. But they are advising all traffic to use left lane, and asking the state to change southbound traffic signs to advise that information.

montanadiesel

Traffic now coming down I-25 southbound, left lane only at this time. Also request for CDOT to come down and move snow out of the way, between where traffic was diverted and down to highway 119 or Longmont exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.