Severe Weather, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Started with hail that looked like winter 6" deep blocking the interstate at Genessee then a tornado warning for Federal Heights area and now tornado warning in effect for DIA, Barr Lake, SW Weld etc..

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Most everyone was stopped or stuck on I-70 when I came through at about 10mph in 4 wheel drive!

Needed to try and stay on the road and not take pictures it was actually much deeper than this with ruts for the lanes.

Jim<

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Yep - heard CSP call CDOT (Ike Tunnel) for 3 seperate plow requests between Evergreen and Gennesee too.

On a side note, someone REALLY needs to tell CDOT up there at the tunnel to turn down all the other radios (many on the SAME channel) in the room when they Tx. I can't remember a time when there wasn't massive feedback when they key up. I'm sure the CSP dispatchers love that in their earpiece!

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CSP trooper on TG 2524 reporting baseball size hail is currently shreading La Junta.

Jim<

montanadiesel

Currently listening to Weld County Wintag working the area of Horse Creek Reservoir and the possible issues of the water going over the dam. Have reverse 911 going out to the area that is in the path of the possible flash flood of this dam, if it is no longer able to contain the water. Also have reports of wash outs and flooding over many of the roads in the area of Hudson and out to Prospect Valley. Sheriff's are advising to not travel in the area because of possible dangerous situations and flooding. Also have Weld County roads working on these problems out there also. Will be a busy night for those in Weld and Adams county.

montanadiesel

Weld County roads is currently in the process of closing many of the roads in the area, with the main one being CO-52 from CR-69 out east. But also talking about the Banner Lake area along highway 52, and the concerns about the flooding across that area. Weld County is currently checking all of the lakes in this area to take notes of the area problems.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Major flooding downtown Fort morgan they are calling for pumps and such fire department is assisting pumping floood water out of streets (to where is the question?)

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
More Weld County

Weld Couty R&B is out setting barricades to close off roads South of Hwy 52 from WCR 43 to 55 and they are also talking of going down to the south ends of those and 39 over to 43 from the Weld County line (WCR 2) Northwards. The CSP has also asked that / called for Hwy 52 to be blocked from around WCR 59 to 73. {YIKES!}

This is an approximately 100 -150 sq mi area! On top of that, apparently, the NWS is saying that the rains are going to be going on pretty much all night.

One `fortunate?' thing is that several of the reservoirs are somewhat under control for now though, because of the operators having released some `extra' water, things `downstream' may not get any better for a while longer.

Hopefully those in the affected area(s) *won't* be too badly affected even though there are some who aren't in a position to be fully prepared for this level of flooding due to where they have happened to be located.

I've also heard mention that there are some similar problems North of Severance? But, it seems that *maybe* the worst is down South? Anyone up around that area know any more? (I haven't heard anything, myself, on WINTAG 5 more that a passing conversation earlier and also haven't caught anything on any of the other WINTAGs on my other radios. ['Course *that* just *may* be that we have more concern about the South because we have friends and `family' out that way and I'm paying more attention to that then what's up North of us. {GRIMACE!} So far none have called us.])

(Update 00:55 12/06/10)

They are now closing off roads North of Hwy 52 between WCR 39 - 73 up to as far as WCR 22. They are also having to bring in more barricades from the Greeley shops because they've run out of them from the area shops and sheds. Folks, it's beginning to look like the area covered is going to possibly more than double before daylight the way the weather is going down!

Last edited:

montanadiesel

Currently have been listening to Weld here now for about an hour, and all chat about this area in Weld have been mute. Have also tried to catch up with the news about this activity, and the area news coverage seems to be only about yesterday's events, but nothing that is current at this time. I know that they lost power just south of prospect valley, since we had alarms on some equipment that we have there, and it went on standby generator. But not sure where we stand on that front as far as power. Was put on standby to go that direction last night, but not sure how I would of gotten to any or our equipment even if I had to go, since most of the roads in the area were shut down.

But sounds as if the water is the biggest issue out that way.

Last edited:

montanadiesel

Some activity on Wintag 4 Weld County about some of the conditions of the area, but the information is limited as of yet. Just a mention about a small reservoir that was close to the top, but not sure where and or title of that location. Area farmer voiced his concern to Sheriff on this channel.

montanadiesel

Looks like another wave of moisture coming from the south, and heading in the direction of these swollen waterways. Will have to watch to see if they develop and or fade on their travels. Just down in the Colorado Springs area, and on WunderMap show going north.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Road Closures: US-34 Trail Ridge Road, CO-52 East of Hudson and CO-5 Mt Evans Road.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.