3 alarm structure fire Ft. Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0ege

There's a 3 alarm structure fire on Laporte Avenue in Fort Collins. They've had several partial collapses as well is heavy black smoke and therefore have been unable to attack the fire. They're in a defensive perimeter mode, and it sounds like the fire is spreading into a grass fire and approaching several other structures at this point. It sounds like all activity is on PFA fire ground 3.

The building that is on fire is a fabrication shop and they have had several major events due to various kinds of gas tanks exploding, I heard mention of an acetylene tank. They're also having trouble with hydrants going dry were unable to produce enough pressure. They've been in operation for 40 minutes.

kd0ege

they're bringing in off-duty crews to relieve primary cruise are having issues due to smoke inhalation symptoms.

Moosemedic

Ummm...Smoke Inhalation?

they're bringing in off-duty crews to relieve primary cruise are having issues due to smoke inhalation symptoms.

So.... no SCBA's available on the "on duty" apparatus?
Hopefully the off duty Firefighters remember to use theirs ;-(

kd0ege

It sounded as though they were using air, but apparently not as carefully as they perhaps were after they discovered that the building housed several pallets of rubber. I also heard at one point several of the crews were having a difficult time keeping the supply of fresh bottles flowing. They got that sorted out quickly, and kept a steady rotation through rehab.

No one was transported from the scene in a med unit, that i heard, so apparently there were no bad cases from the smoke. A little later some nearby residents were complaining to the rehab unit of difficulty breathing, so the smoke must be really nasty. It was thick, before it got dark, I could see it from my house 8 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.