South Metro Batt Chief accident, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

soncorn

The battalion chiefs here also run code to incidents.

Is this really necessary, is their command and control so much better than that of the units on scene that they need to be there a couple minutes sooner?

Maybe I don't understand the role they serve. I assume that they act as the command & control on the scene of an incident.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
the battalion chief is the one who makes the calls about going in the building, coordinating where and how to attack the fire, and making sure that they have everything they need. it is very important that they be on soon as soon as possible. he/she may or may not actually lift a hose or enter the structure, but their role is just as critical as the one of those that do.

dougjgray

curious why South Metro was needed at an Englewood Duplex Fire Littleton as well as units from Sheridan where there as well. Could be training working together or maybe Englewood/Littleton will be merging with South Metro. I think I hear dispatches for Unicorporated Arapahoe Co disppatched from Lttleton Fire 1 TG

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
curious why why South Metro was needed at an Englewood Duplex Fire Littleton as well as units from Sheridan where there as well. Could be training working together or maybe Englewood/Littleton will be merging with South Metro. I think I here dispatch for Unicorporated Arapahoe Co disppatched from Lttleton Fire 1 TG

Englewood fire went 2nd alarm so that includes EFD, LFD, SFD and SMFR on the run card.

Cunningham FD (unincorporated Arap County) stations 61, 62, 63 and soon 64 are dispatched by Littleton correct.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Luckily he has been released from the hospital with only minor injuries.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.