Pueblo County Fatal, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
NB Lanes of I-25 are closed at MM-114 due to a jacknifed semi accident, small wildland fire, hazmat and one code black on scene.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CSP Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Date: 12/29/10 Time: 2025

Interstate 25 is currently closed after a multi-vehicle crash that killed one person. After the crash a grass fire ensued on the east side of I-25 for approximately 150 yards. A truck pulling a dual axle flatbed trailer was travelling southbound on I-25 at MP 114 in the left lane. For an unknown reason the trailer separated from the truck and came across the center median into the northbound lanes of I-25. The trailer struck the cab of a semi-truck carrying US Mail. The semi came to rest in the center median. Two additional vehicles struck debris from the trailer and were disabled by the crash. The driver of the semi was pronounced dead on-scene. No other injuries were reported as a result of this crash.

It is unclear when the fire started during this sequence of events. The grass fire that was caused by this crash has subsequently been extinguished.
Northbound I-25 is closed at MP 110 for on-scene investigation and emergency response. Southbound I-25 remains open.

Additional details will be released as they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.