Sm Plane Down, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Huefano & Custer Counties:

CAP launching for a search for a missing that was lost off radar in a spiral near Crestone Peak plane was en route from Phoenix to Pueblo.

O/F 148.150, DTRS, Online

Jim<

San Luis Valley law enforcement checking local airports for possibility that plane made an emergency landing so far all units reporting no contact

Whiterabbit_medic

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
CAP update: CAP is confirming a Piper Malibu has crashed in the Sangre De Cristo Mountains on the Huerfano/Custer County line.

CAP PIO Lt Col Mike Daniels

Jim<

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I'm not completely certain it is for this same incident but I think I am hearing a ground search getting underway on MAC-9.

Callsign "Custer Command" and vicinity of Walsenburg. Team is on the road right now planning to visit Music Pass area for 2 locations fairly close to each other.

its sounds to be in the right area their is only a few places a plane that size can fly across the Sangre De Cristo Mountains and from the last know location and the CAP description that is the object area. I&#8217;m looking out my window to were the sangres are supposed to be here in the valley they are all cloudily and snowy I hope the search team has better weather on that side tonight.

Whiterabbit_medic

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Just heard the word "aircraft" used so that confirms it's a search for the missing plane.
Light snow, heavy fog now.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Custer County: MAC-9 remains active for missing aircraft,CCSO SAR BLM USFS CAP etc

and I'm logging TG 1222 Colorado SRB also.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Custer Co U/D. Civil Air Patrol acft 549 enrt to search area. ETA 1005. Ground search continues.

O/F 155.475, MAC-9, DTRS TG 1222 etc

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Custer Co U/D. USAF sending 2 Blackhawk UH-60 helos from Kirtland AFB, ABQ, NM. ETA 1300 there call sign is "Ghost" and they were given NLEC as the talk in freq with command post.

Wx has improved & CAP 549 back enrt.

Ground teams are receiving the ELT signal.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Just a little over 25 hrs later the crash airplane has been located.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
U/D: sounds like plane is broken apart in heavy timber, rescue teams headed out soon to warm up, body recovery will occur Tues.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.