Weber Fire (was Wildland fire in the Mancos area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWCOScanner

Feed Provider
There is a wildland fire in the Mancos area (Between Durango and Cortez). Unknown size currently - reported as over 100 acres a few hours ago and it is definitely spreading to the east at this time. Many evacuations either completed or in progress. Almost all Montezuma county agencies are now involved, a few La Plata county agencies, and I have heard that there will be numerous BLM/Forest Service units soon.

I have my feed ( Dolores County Sheriff and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed ) temporarily limited to mainly Montezuma county channels for better coverage of this incident. We will likely not be able to hear the federal agencies on this fire due to the terrain, distance, and non-repeated radio traffic.

SWCOScanner

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
U/D. Weber Canyon Fire. 900+ ac. Fire moved NNE overnight generally toward Mancos. T-2 IMT ordered.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MAC-13 being used by law to evac homes and most fire traffic appears to still be on 171.500

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
U/D: Rocky Mtn Incident Incident Mgt Team C (Lowe) ordered for Weber Fire East of Mesa Verde NP, south of Mancos. Acres now over 3,000.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Weber Fire Helibase being threatened, now relocating north. A/A tankers 132.950 A/A Helo 132.425

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
#WeberFire near Mancos #Colo now 5500 acres-up from 2500 Sat morn. 110 homes evacuated, 350 more including town of Mancos on standby.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The Weber is currently burning at near 8000 acres, and is producing a lot of smoke. Some of that smoke may make into the Gunnsion, Uncompahgre and Grand Valleys overnight. Montrose is already seeing some of that smoke in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.