Edgewater Fatal Officer Involved, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lodd

Lakewood Officer killed, first ever in the history of the dept.

Breaking News UPDATE: Officer killed near Sloan's Lake

7:05 AM, Nov 9, 2012

LAKEWOOD - Just after 7 a.m., a Lakewood Police Officer told 9NEWS an officer was shot and killed during a shooting early Friday near the border between Lakewood and Edgewater. Police previously released it was the suspect who was shot and killed, but that was incorrect. More information on 9NEWS.com.

dw2872

The radio traffic for this incident was on Blue SW beginning at 2:26 am with Edgewater, Lakewood, Denver, Jefferson County, and others. There is still investigative traffic ongoing on that channel right now.

They were clearing the house at about 2:45 am and were very distracted by all the "angry" dogs in several rooms of the house. Then at 3:39 am they called out shots fired at them from north side of the fence that runs between the house and the apartment complex. An off duty DPD officer working nearby told dispatchers on the DPD channel that he heard 5 rifle shots. Earlier, DPD Air One had warned officers that a black SUV had come into the neighborhood and dropped some people off near the apartment complex. DPD officers were covering the perimeter. At 3:38 am they found the suspect shot and not moving. Then at 3:56 am they started trying to clear the house again, this time by breaking the windows from outside the house. They finally cleared it by 4:28 am.

Last edited:

BlackHawkH60

Premium Subscriber
The radio traffic for this incident was on Blue SW beginning at 2:26 am with Edgewater, Lakewood, Denver, Jefferson County, and others. There is still investigative traffic ongoing on that channel right now.

They were clearing the house at about 2:45 am and were very distracted by all the "angry" dogs in several rooms of the house. Then at 3:39 am they called out shots fired at them from north side of the fence that runs between the house and the apartment complex. An off duty DPD officer working nearby told dispatchers on the DPD channel that he heard 5 rifle shots. Earlier, DPD Air One had warned officers that a black SUV had come into the neighborhood and dropped some people off near the apartment complex. DPD officers were covering the perimeter. At 3:38 am they found the suspect shot and not moving. Then at 3:56 am they started trying to clear the house again, this time by breaking the windows from outside the house. They finally cleared it by 4:28 am.

Wow always exciting stuff!

dw2872

Blue SW can be heard on the "Colorado Inter-Agency Mutual Aid" feed here:
Colorado Interagency Mutual Aid Live Scanner Audio Feed

I just confirmed the traffic from this incident was recorded on this feed (right speaker) this morning. It also sounds like some other traffic related to this incident (from other than Blue SW) is also on the feed archive.

2:13 am - 2:43 am http://areg.radioreference.com/20121109/4/201211090313-660986-12044.mp3

2:43 am - 3:13 am http://areg.radioreference.com/20121109/3/201211090343-234986-12044.mp3

3:13 am - 3:43 am http://areg.radioreference.com/20121109/3/201211090413-545280-12044.mp3

3:43 am - 4:13 am http://areg.radioreference.com/20121109/3/201211090443-916296-12044.mp3

dw2872

My earlier post had them find the person shot at 3:38, but it should say 3:48.

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The audio on Blue SW is so chilling...I don't want to speculate, but it sounds like the Officer that was shot had to be in plain clothes or something similar. Just the way the other officers stating that the suspect is down and that they were keeping watch on the body...

dw2872

The audio on Blue SW is so chilling...I don't want to speculate, but it sounds like the Officer that was shot had to be in plain clothes or something similar. Just the way the other officers stating that the suspect is down and that they were keeping watch on the body...

That is exactly what I was thinking too. You could also hear them looking for a specific missing officer by name. He was not answering his radio or cell phone. That was really chilling. Soon they realized what happened and you can hear it in their voices.

When they finally went to clear the house the final time, one officer told everyone outside to not make any sudden movements and to keep their cover.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Depending on how reliable the media is there reporting his was not under cover or plain clothes.

Edge water, Denver, Lakewood and Jeffco SO officers were all on blue sw.

Jim

ch40n1k

RIP Agent Davies

Your British accent always gave you away over the radio.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and all the Agents risking it everyday to protect us in Lakewood.

He usually worked on the SET team, so he probably would have been in street clothes, or not in a traditional uniform anyhow, last night.
You may remember a couple of years ago, undercover SET agents shot and killed an armed suspect in the middle of Sheridan at 19th.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Davies was in normal uniform last night and I think was working under call sign 1 north 11.

ch40n1k

I just saw that on the news ... that he was in uniform. I also just saw that it was Agent Braley who fired the shot, which is the same officer I mentioned in my previous post, that shot the armed suspect on Sheridan in 2009. Braley left the SET unit after the 2009 shooting. Terribly tragic.

Thayne

It didn't take them long to explore other avenues to communicate than Blue SW once they spread the word that i-phones were listening everywhere.

The Wheaties will soon be inedible :roll:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
It didn't take them long to explore other avenues to communicate than Blue SW once they spread the word that i-phones were listening everywhere.

The Wheaties will soon be inedible :roll:

This conversation/debate will not resume here.

Status
Not open for further replies.