Centennial Airport possible incident earlier today? (or training exercise?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
On my way home from work this evening around 6 PM I swear I heard Fire Dispatch traffic, as well as traffic from Centennial Airport Ops, about some type of airline crash or improper landing at Centennial Airport. I know for certain I heard a statement on the Centennial Ops channel about "counting souls" or something similar.

Apparently they dispatched several EMS and fire units, but it sounded like the EMS units went back in service a short time afterwords, as if it was no big deal. After listening for a while I didn't seem to hear any major follow-up response by EMS, Fire, PD, Sheriff etc. which one normally expect with an airline crash. Also there was nothing in the news about it, so I'm thinking it was a training exercise??

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
N943ES, a DA-42 landed without the left main gear down.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Nate remember APA is the 3rd busiest GA airport in the country, so these red leader responses are pretty common to listen too.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The plane couldn't get it's left main down and circled for 2 hours to burn down fuel and trouble shoot. I heard it might have landed with all gear up.

Status
Not open for further replies.